Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Livingston, MT, USA
First Name
Jack
Last Name
Newell
Member #

It would not be a surprise to see one in my hand around the evening campfire. How does everyone transport them when you are out for an extended period of time? To date I have only used a zip lock and an dash of hope to keep them from drying out while traveling.
I have a couple different options depending on the length of the trip. I have a small travel case that holds roughly four cigars which I picked up from cigarbid.com for $5. I through a bovine humidifying pack in there and it's good to go. The container is shock proof and fairly water tight. For longer trips I use something akin to a pelican case albeit much cheaper in price and quality. Those can hold up to 40 cigars and was roughly $30. I got those from cigarinternational.com

The biggest considerations when using any of these is temperatures. The humidifying packs can keep it roughly 69-72% humidity but they don't regulate temperatures which can drastically impact the overall taste, smoke and quality of the cigar. Keep it wrapped up in some thicker insulating blankets during the cold.

Cheers bud! Hope that helped.

Reactions: Coreymol

NØMAD

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Newton
Member #

It would not be a surprise to see one in my hand around the evening campfire. How does everyone transport them when you are out for an extended period of time? To date I have only used a zip lock and an dash of hope to keep them from drying out while traveling.
Try one of these...Water Pillow ...works great in a simple zip lock type bag with 4-6 cigars, to keep 'em ready when you are. :sunglasses:

Reactions: FJ Montana

oneleglance

Rank V

Contributor II

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
LANCE
Last Name
BLAIR
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE7NKP
I really need to start posting in this thread....especially before it gets so hot in Phoenix and I am smoking late at night in the dark :)
This was a 2014 Hoyo de Monterrey Double Corona from a dress box. I also have a 50 cab about the same vintage and it is always interesting to see how there is NO difference between aging in desktop, dress box or cab. As long as the conditions are good sticks just mellow without any differences.

These beast are 1.5hrs of smooth, woodsy soft joy. The funny this in I am usually thinking I would rather have 2 robusto or corona gorda sticks vs these logs.
My notes say I paid $12ea for these in 2014.....hahahaha not only have I not seen boxes or cabs in ages but the auctions sites are more in the $30-$40 range now. Good stick at $12, crazy to pay current prices.
20220401_151115.jpg

ontos

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Mid Atlantic
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Shepherd
I have had good luck with these:
Easy to keep around the house, you don't get sad if you leave one at a friend's house, and nothing to keep track of when you are done with your smoke.

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder III

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

I have had good luck with these:
Easy to keep around the house, you don't get sad if you leave one at a friend's house, and nothing to keep track of when you are done with your smoke.
That looks like just the trick-thanks for sharing.

oneleglance

Rank V

Contributor II

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
LANCE
Last Name
BLAIR
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE7NKP
last night I got off work early and spent some time loading gps files for the NORRA Mexican 1000...
And enjoying a 2019 Monte #1, the dalia size is my absolute fav20220426_192843.jpg

oneleglance

Rank V

Contributor II

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
LANCE
Last Name
BLAIR
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE7NKP
So I am trying to get better about taking a beginning, middle and end pic of my sticks...
however this 2017 Bolivar Belicoso Fino had me enjoying, thinking, and remembering past times with this marca....so no other pics.
Funny thing is of the Bolivar line this is my 2nd least favorite...the best are long gone, Royal Corona, Corona Extra, Lonsdale....
But I still love the Petite Corona and Corona Jr, and of course the BBF.20220515_181949.jpg

Reactions: Sparksalot

oneleglance

Rank V

Contributor II

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
LANCE
Last Name
BLAIR
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE7NKP
Not sure how many of you are into Cuban cigars but Habanos, SA just announced Jan 2023 prices increases....10% plus depending on what you enjoy.
Add in the 60% drop in production since COVID, the hurricane that just wiped out curning barns and a couple years worth of aging tobacco and we are now looking at 3-5yrs before things get any better.

Used to be I would just hop a plan to Havana and buy boxes (used to save enough to justify a week trip) but now with the Chinese owning 80% of Habanos and setting Hong Kong level prices globally....there really isn't big savings by going to Cuba. And that is not counting the nightmare that is the country currently.

Even trusted grey market vendors are short supplied and thing are ugly.

Luckily I love Nicaraguan tobacco almost as much as Cuban, and I can always trust Padron to make a good stick. Time to go shopping!

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Belle Plaine, Kansas, 67013
Member #

Not sure how many of you are into Cuban cigars but Habanos, SA just announced Jan 2023 prices increases....10% plus depending on what you enjoy.
Add in the 60% drop in production since COVID, the hurricane that just wiped out curning barns and a couple years worth of aging tobacco and we are now looking at 3-5yrs before things get any better.

Used to be I would just hop a plan to Havana and buy boxes (used to save enough to justify a week trip) but now with the Chinese owning 80% of Habanos and setting Hong Kong level prices globally....there really isn't big savings by going to Cuba. And that is not counting the nightmare that is the country currently.

Even trusted grey market vendors are short supplied and thing are ugly.

Luckily I love Nicaraguan tobacco almost as much as Cuban, and I can always trust Padron to make a good stick. Time to go shopping!
Hmm...

robkroupa

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Oklahoma City, OK, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Kroupa
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5JPP
Service Branch
USAF
I have a couple of special sticks I have been saving for a while, might be time to bust one out and enjoy it before it gets too cold here. Y'all are a bad influence...

• Haha
Reactions: Sparksalot