Overlanding Basics – Spontaneity & the Great Outdoors

• HTML tutorial

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Don't have time to finish reading it now, i'm at work right now. But, I did read the first bit and so far seems like a good read. I'll post back once i read the whole article..

nldoyle1990

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Great article! Definitely going to be keeping my gear prepped and ready to go for a quick weekend getaway.

Reactions: Michael

murps

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
d
Last Name
m
Member #

I immediately sent this to my girlfriend, with the holiday season coming up things are gonna get nuts and i whole heartily support spur camping trips. Great write up @CorrieOB

dagen

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Oakland, CA
Member #

TreXTerra

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Salt Lake City, Utah
Member #

Nice write-up! As a relative newbie to overlanding, the YouTube video about the Plano cases was really helpful. I'm using some Sterilite boxes because they are a little smaller, fit the smaller XTerra more easily and flexibly than the larger Planos, and are easier for my wife to move around.

I'm still building out my quick-pack kit, which will take some time to perfect. Right now it seems like a fantastic system that also helps keep things neatly organized and dust-free in the garage.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

What a well-written article, @CorrieOB Our Plano 1819 boxes are due to arrive today, and we still have most of our trip stuff scattered about. I'll be organizing better, and use some of your suggestions.

Thanks!

hardtrailz

Rank V

Advocate II

Indiana
I definitely need to re-organize. I was setup and ready for GO, but not so much with the kids around, but I should be. They would love it and I bet i would breathe deeper and relax more myself.

deeker

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

SW Ontario, Canada
Member #

Being 'ready to go' instead of 'throwing stuff together at the last minute' is so helpful in reducing the stress levels for all involved. Fewer things are forgotten and you tend not to overpack those 'just in case' items.
Good article and, if nothing else, is a good argument for having stuff set aside for just these occasions.

Reactions: Michael and dagen

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

Great read. The thing that struck home and with others apparently is the organization and being ready to go. I always think we're set then blamo! It becomes we have no room and how long are we going?

Gotta up my organizing game

Reactions: deeker and Michael