Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Wasn't sure if you posted it via Tapatalk and thought I would put the url in case anyone on Tapatalk wanted to hit the forums from a computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Progress, but having to initiate a website restore. Table in the database went sideways. Back up your websites folks! Will restore from a snapshot last night (hopefully).

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Still getting the same issue again on the main url for the site right now "error establishing a database connection". Yesterday it was hacked and redirecting to some old geezer hacker site. Had to clear my cache and remove my bookmark, etc. and was able to access it again.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
@Steve @ShawnR Yup. Working on it again. This has been quite a battle. My security company (Sucuri) has escalated the issue. Not how I would prefer to spend my weekend. :/

We'll get em!

Thanks for your patience.

Reactions: ShawnR

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
@Steve @ShawnR Yup. Working on it again. This has been quite a battle. My security company (Sucuri) has escalated the issue. Not how I would prefer to spend my weekend. :/

We'll get em!

I was on another expedition forum and it sounds like they were hacked a few days ago.

Reactions: Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Wait? WHAT? You were on ANOTHER forum?

Hahaha. I'm kidding.

Ya, I pay a security company about $300 a year (plus the hosting security) to keep the site "hardened" so this doesn't happen. They are earning their fee right now. The good thing is that they are on it within 5 minutes, and I got a txt warning that something was amiss.

M

Reactions: ShawnR

WJ - Firefly

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Casey County, Kentucky
First Name
David
Last Name
Goodyear
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KL7JKC

Hahaha. I'm kidding.

Ya, I pay a security company about $300 a year (plus the hosting security) to keep the site "hardened" so this doesn't happen. They are earning their fee right now. The good thing is that they are on it within 5 minutes, and I got a txt warning that something was amiss.

M
These guys need to earn their worth now... I have had a hard time getting past one or two posts before the site becomes unresponsive. This has been for most of Friday and Saturday. (A looooong time ago I was an IT manager for several companies (it's weird, we are talking late 80s here, maybe some day I'll explain around the campfire 8>) ) I have seen several server resets since then, but DNS service seems weird, sometimes there, sometimes not.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army

Hahaha. I'm kidding.

M
These guys need to earn their worth now... I have had a hard time getting past one or two posts before the site becomes unresponsive. This has been for most of Friday and Saturday. (A looooong time ago I was an IT manager for several companies (it's weird, we are talking late 80s here, maybe some day I'll explain around the campfire 8>) ) I have seen several server resets since then, but DNS service seems weird, sometimes there, sometimes not.
I had the hacking issue yesterday morning where the home page would redirect to a hack site. After clearing my cache, I started getting the "error establishing a database connection". Now at least the home page directs to the "maintenance mode" page. But I'm not having any trouble inside the forum. Once I get in, I can view posts and respond to posts normally. I've checked on both my Macbook Pro and right now on my Samsung Chromebook. As for the campfire chat, hopefully you can make it to the meet up and trail ride in Indiana in June.

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

We'll get em!

Thanks for all your efforts, much appreciated! Have to admit that I was working all weekend, one way and another and seem to have missed all the drama. Hope you have it sorted for good now and can enjoy a good break next weekend.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Thanks for all your efforts, much appreciated! Have to admit that I was working all weekend, one way and another and seem to have missed all the drama. Hope you have it sorted for good now and can enjoy a good break next weekend.
So much "like"