Investor

Enthusiast III

San Jose, CA
First Name
Ozzie
Last Name
Hernandez
Member #

Wow, there are so many amazing rigs in this thread, Both built and bought! I was wanting to build one on my own, but time and energy are always a factor.
The wife and I pulled the trigger and put money down on a 2019 Boreas XT from Into The Wild Overland. They are building it now and should be delivered around the 4th of July. I can't wait to get it and post pictures!
No pictures of the trailer?

Reactions: Drifterman

Aeroscout

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

Denver, CO
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Kennard
Member #

Wow, there are so many amazing rigs in this thread, Both built and bought! I was wanting to build one on my own, but time and energy are always a factor.
The wife and I pulled the trigger and put money down on a 2019 Boreas XT from Into The Wild Overland. They are building it now and should be delivered around the 4th of July. I can't wait to get it and post pictures!
We rented one last year and loved it. It's a great trailer!

Rubinot06

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Pierce County, WA, USA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Osness
Member #

So I started this build last June'ish so we would have a trailer to take to Yellowstone in September. I started with a 1947 Ben Hur trailer. The owner had rebuilt the frame with 2x3 so I figured that and the fact it was already licensed would save me some time.

I stripped it down and started with a clean slate...... what a PIA! short version I now own a plasma cutter :-)
IMG_3216.JPG

New axle and 33's to match the Jeep!
Lo20Awa1TD6zF3fb6IxgYw.jpg

Jumping ahead this is how we rolled to Yellowstone.... (rattle canned her for the trip). The tent frame lifts 16" so we can use the annex and I don't have to duck.
oS5m8QL1Q8aTlP5AXpnlcw.jpgfullsizeoutput_41a1.jpeg

Still a work in progress but this is where she is now. Electrical is next and then 25 gallon water tank with insta-hot shower but for now she is pretty fun as is....
fullsizeoutput_4260.jpegfullsizeoutput_4263.jpeg

I will add photos as I the build continues.

Roger Jeffery

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Harlingen, TX
First Name
ROGER
Last Name
JEFFERY
Member #

So I started this build last June'ish so we would have a trailer to take to Yellowstone in September. I started with a 1947 Ben Hur trailer. The owner had rebuilt the frame with 2x3 so I figured that and the fact it was already licensed would save me some time.
View attachment 106019

I stripped it down and started with a clean slate...... what a PIA! short version I now own a plasma cutter :-)
View attachment 106020

New axle and 33's to match the Jeep!
View attachment 106021

Jumping ahead this is how we rolled to Yellowstone.... (rattle canned her for the trip). The tent frame lifts 16" so we can use the annex and I don't have to duck.
View attachment 106024View attachment 106025

Still a work in progress but this is where she is now. Electrical is next and then 25 gallon water tank with insta-hot shower but for now she is pretty fun as is....
View attachment 106030View attachment 106027

I will add photos as I the build continues.
Nice!

wellcraft290

Rank 0

Contributor I

Doylestown, PA
First Name
rob
Last Name
horn
New here and started this trailer off a tractor supply. Plan was a roof top tent but thinking now to build a square top camper. Looking for more cabinets etc. current trailer is great but can’t take up the floor space as it pulls double duty to haul a quad and various other stuff.

Love seeing all your builds and trailers for ideas

Attachments

Reactions: PA Chuck D

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

Heres one that came thru town today.

Fold out kitchen.
4 handles to lift it off.
Old school trailer siding. Full points for that. and all the old school extrusions, windows etc.
The door is a residential storm unit, cut down to fit. a $10.00 garage sale item.
The grab bar is a SS handicapped washroom item. a $15.00 garage sale item.
I should have asked where he got the windows.
I much prefer this style which vent 100% and shed rain water.

THIS is the kind of unit I like camping beside.

Looks like the trailer set the parameters for overall size.
He just needs a 1960s Bronco to tow it.
And maybe a new axle with 15" tires.

DSCN1271.jpeg

Hartski

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Iowa
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Hart
Member #

Picked up our new trailer and camped in the backyard for the weekend while we got to know it and started fitting it out.

Pups loved it. Could barely get them out of it all weekend.
Also, picked up a nice CAT generator at Lowes for $200 off on clearance to run the AC unit.

Hartski

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Iowa
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Hart
Member #

Well, maiden voyage of our new Boreas XT went good and bad. everything was great until a storm blew up and collapsed our ARB awning with the tent room. bent and snapped one of the extension poles in half. anyone know where to get a replacement?? We have another weekend getaway in 2 weeks....

Helipilot2

Rank 0

Contributor I

Oklahoma City
First Name
Cameron
Last Name
Woody
I am stumped guys, my wife and I found a trailer about 8 months back that was really cool but ever after looking through here and the manufacturers list I can't find it. It was a hard style with slide outs on each side which cleared room for the bed in the middle when the slide outs were open. You can put the slide outs away and they slid right over the bed.

Helipilot2

Rank 0

Contributor I

Oklahoma City
First Name
Cameron
Last Name
Woody
It was a teardrop style trailer?
Man I honestly can't remember, I want to say it was more boxy. It wasn't your typical swing out sides or flip up panels, it was full pull outs on each side. Was a super slick design because it allowed for more space and left your bed in tact when you needed to close up and move on.