Overland Trailers

• HTML tutorial

Rubiconcruiser

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

So Georgia
Member #

This sub-forum was created for discussions of Overland Trailers. Please post questions, comments, photos, builds, etc. in this forum on any topic about overland trailers.
Lease let me say this about that, if you guys are buying your trailer and have the cash, glad for it, if you are building your own rig, keep in mind these little things, your base platform, no wider than your tow vehicle, be cautious of the weight of the rig, TARE the weight of the rig with nothing on board. The axle, here's the key. You do not necessarily need a 3500 pound axle, unless you're hauling elephants, t just adds weight, electric brakes ? Lots of rocks and downhills in the future, nice thing to have. 12 volt power, solar panel@ 100w or more. Stove, The Coleman is a great buy, if you are at altitude, reconsider, propane is regulated and doesn't burn as hot . Look at the high altitude stoves, a bit pricey, but well worth the effort, RTT, we all need then, keep the rack at least 40 inches off the deck (ground) any lower the bears will visit. I've had it happen. Read up on tent specs before purchasing they vary . I've built 4 units for my friends as well as my own, the (Towd) pictured below start to finish, made several mods, pulled it thru the Rubicon trail 6 times with minor scratches only,
The fit and finish of the production trailers is beautiful, however rocks don't care, nor do trees. Use simple material 16 ga, max, 3/16, frame box or channel, you don't need the heaviest dog on the trail to have fun,

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

firehog2

Rank 0

Traveler I

Oakdale Ca
Member #

Reactions: Brant Moore

No Bananas

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Burleson, Texas, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Bishop
Member #

Nice Trailer and Jeep!
Question, how do you like the camp chef oven?
Thank you.

I really like the camp chef oven. The oven heats up quickly and cooks evenly. I really like being able to cook biscuits in the morning while camping. The 2 burners on top put out more than enough heat to cook with. I am very pleased with it so far.

Reactions: Butt Hurt

Franck Alcidi

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Darwin
Member #

Our Patriot X1 LE (Limited Edition) camper. Absolutely love this camper which has the following additions:

- Additional 60lt water tank totalling 120lt
- Smarttek hot water system with shower
- Redarc Manager 30 state-of-the-art battery management system
- Air suspension to lower and raise each side for leveling and for going off-road
- Weber Baby Q BBQ in front man cave that swivels out
- Front BBQ porch awning
- Fusion sound system with bluetooth built in
- Main tent has additional kids room which we can attach
- 2 x gas/propane cylinder holders
- 60lt Evakool Patriot branded dual zone fridge/freezer
- 2 x Enduro ground mat sets
- Awning wall wind break
- X1 Stone stomper
- Korr 150w folding solar blanket
- 12v and 240v (Aussie voltage) so can run either solar or mains power

If you want to know more about this camper here are the full specs: http://www.patriotcampers.com.au/patriot-x1-off-road-camper-trailer/

They have started to ship to the USA

20161206_182821.jpg

20161206_182904.jpg

20161206_183008.jpg

20161206_183033.jpg

20161206_183301.jpg

20170629_191132.jpg

20170629_191228.jpg

20170630_151954.jpg

20170709_140001.jpg

skootter14

Rank 0

Traveler I

WA
My trailer is a modified Swiss military trailer. It's still a work in progress. Here's how the trailer started and here's the progress we have made up to this point.View attachment 31238View attachment 31242 View attachment 31241 View attachment 31240
do you have the dimensions (L/W/H) (and with the height, the trailer itself, PLUS the height of the floor of the Tepui once it is set up?) When I make mine, I am looking to see how high I need to make legs, boosting the CVT up for the awning around the ladder.

Thanks!

DMill556

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Dawsonville, Ga
Member #

I'll take measurements sometime this week and get back to you
do you have the dimensions (L/W/H) (and with the height, the trailer itself, PLUS the height of the floor of the Tepui once it is set up?) When I make mine, I am looking to see how high I need to make legs, boosting the CVT up for the awning around the ladder.

Thanks!