Launch Member

Influencer II

St. Albert, AB, Canada
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Houghtaling
Member #

Well, I found a good deal on a basic overland trailer from a fabrication guy in Calgary, and decided to take the leap. It was his demo model, and as his new generation of trailers is ready for release he was clearing this one out. It is an aluminum body on a metal frame, so it is very light.

Today, I finally got around to mounting the license plate, so decided to take a few pictures. My next project will be to take a heat gun to the decals and get rid of those. Once it warms up, I will probably be painting the blue parts black.

Anyways, as you can see, there is plenty of room up front for a 36" trailer box. Tires are a 27" trailer tire, and while I would prefer to have them match the FJ tires, these will do for now. He had a RTT mounted on the trailer, I am still debating if I would prefer a tent on the trailer or the rig. If not, these bars will be good for holding my kayak or bikes. The shovel came with the trailer, held on with 2 quickfist straps.IMG-20170311-00077.jpg
Passenger side comes equipped with a lockable Scepter can holder. IMG-20170311-00078.jpg
there is also a 3lb propane bottle mount and a rear step.IMG-20170311-00079.jpg
the lid is on a shock assist system so no problem lifting that. The lid is weather stripped around the rim, so it should be water/dust resistant. LED lights all around. The only thing missing is some locking tabs , so probably my next purchase.IMG-20170311-00080.jpg