Calgary, AB
First Name
Steve
Last Name
E
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE6EVL
The only company that comes to mind is Smittybuilt....I used 2 air con vents, which i primed and sprayed in matt black, they were the perfect size and a fraction of the cost !View attachment 90386
That's a great idea! I'll have to check out some of the local hardware stores this weekend. :)

Rollin Dirty Overland

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mesa, AZ
First Name
Jim
Last Name
G
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7RDO

Overland Voyager

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Arkansas, USA
First Name
charles
Last Name
thurman
Member #

As a former Navy Corpsman with the Marines I put duch tape on one side of a SAM splint to write vitals on with a sharpie.Just a suggestioon.

Reactions: Firemom

rtexpeditions

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
First Name
Randall
Last Name
Treloyn
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VK7VWK
The most important part of the first aid kit is not the kit itself. It's the correct knowledge on how to respond.
Take a first aid course from a certified provider.
At least know what all the items in your first aid are for and when you should use them.
If there are things in your kit that your training disagrees with discard them.
There are items, like tourniquets, that your training level does not cover make sure that it is clear that they are not to be used unless by a qualified person or advised by a professional.

I personally am certified in standard and remote area first aid.

Last edited:

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
The most important part of the first aid kit is not the kit itself. It's the correct knowledge on how to respond.
Take a first aid course from a certified provider.
As a certified first aid instructor, I can only support this good and valuable advice. Do regular first aid trainings. Your first aid kit is only as good as your knowledge and skills. These trainings are absolutely essential, useful and on top of that they can also be fun. We all can be in a first responder situation quicker than we sometimes think. And then you have to respond immediately and with the right approach. And that's exactly what you learn in a good first aid training.

Reactions: Firemom