Overland Hound

• HTML tutorial

Gary Stevens

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Reseda California
Member #

You guys have any tips regarding getting dog hair out of your rig's interior? Honestly had no idea my dog shed this much until I got my new truck with an all black interior. Hair everywhere! My current remedy of going 75mph on the freeway, rolling down the windows, and letting the wind do it's thing is only doing so much...

Here's the culprit. His name is Farkle.

I have two German Shepherds, one of which is a long hair, so I know dog hair. The best thing to do is get a high end electric leaf blower. You can take off the tube extension to make it easier to use inside the car. With the higer end blowers you don't need the extension. Just keep blowing, it gets most of it out of the rig. You will still need to vacuum once in a while, but this really does the job. upload_2018-2-4_10-16-48.png

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Our new Overland Hound "Daisy" is 12 weeks old now and will be here August 18th after her head start program at the breeder in Tennessee. The main reason we went with this breeder is they breed small labs this one will be around 35-40 lbs. exactly what we wanted for a jeep dog.

IMG_7468-XL.jpg

Reactions: ❤️Lovey❤️

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Five more days and we pick up this overland hound a Sac Airport. Cant wait to get her on the trail.
Daisy at 15 weeks, she is almost done with her puppy head start training in Tennessee.

Daisy 15 wks. cropped.JPG

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Five more days and we pick up this overland hound a Sac Airport. Cant wait to get her on the trail.
Daisy at 15 weeks, she is almost done with her puppy head start training in Tennessee.

View attachment 53777
Oh cool, I thought, from your previous post, she wasn't coming 'til August! Thought that was a long time for a head start program. I miss my dog, though she's been gone years. Thinking seriously about getting another to travel with me.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Oh cool, I thought, from your previous post, she wasn't coming 'til August! Thought that was a long time for a head start program. I miss my dog, though she's been gone years. Thinking seriously about getting another to travel with me.
She has some big paws to fill but I'm sure she is up to it.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Daisy arrived at the Sac Int airport yesterday at 1730 hrs. Pure bread Lab at 17 weeks is 16 lbs and the breeder estimates her final weight to be around 35-38 lbs. Perfect for the jeep. Our 6th lab and the smallest. She has some big paws to fill.30171066_10210874204468084_7062411740247622770_o.jpgIMG_0998.JPGIMG_0148.JPG