Overland Hound

• HTML tutorial

ScorpioVI

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

San Jose, CA
Member #

You guys have any tips regarding getting dog hair out of your rig's interior? Honestly had no idea my dog shed this much until I got my new truck with an all black interior. Hair everywhere! My current remedy of going 75mph on the freeway, rolling down the windows, and letting the wind do it's thing is only doing so much...

Here's the culprit. His name is Farkle.

FireMedicPQ1

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5PCB
You guys have any tips regarding getting dog hair out of your rig's interior? Honestly had no idea my dog shed this much until I got my new truck with an all black interior. Hair everywhere! My current remedy of going 75mph on the freeway, rolling down the windows, and letting the wind do it's thing is only doing so much...

Love the Name. Hey Farkle!

Reactions: JeffG98034

pl626

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

McLean, VA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Chen
Member #

Dog hair does get everywhere. I use an Orvis dog pad for the rear seat where my Bella used to love. I have a waterproof seat cover on the front passenger seat as well, but she never liked it much, as she’d much rather roam around in back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeffG98034

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Kirkland, Washington
Member #

I have 3 dogs, Mini Dachshund, American Shepard (mini Aussie), English Springer spaniel....
I use Grip tight hammock seat cover for the back, nothing upfront none of mine like ridding shot gun, the springer likes his Buddy rest memory foam bed in the very back...as for the hair I use a BIG ridgid wet/dry vac..I figure its there SUV as well so the hair is part of life for us.

Lead K9

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Franklin Park, Illinois
First Name
Lead
Last Name
Dog
Member #

Dog hair is a way of life. It is really hard to get rid of all of it. The problem is the hairs are curved and they don't pull out as easily as they go into the interior.

Mine ride in the cargo area. The rear of the back seats are protected by a neoprene seat cover and I have a rubber floor liner for the cargo area floor. They do a pretty decent job. The sides of the cargo area pick up some hair, so I have to stay on top of that. But I've given up on a hairless Jeep. I think they are supposed to have dog hair!

JeffG98034

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Kirkland, Washington
Member #

Here is our boy Ray, he had his first offroading experience today and handled himself well. Surprising a Doxin can be such an adventurer.

View attachment 45710 View attachment 45711 View attachment 45712
I have had 3 dachshunds in my time 2 of them would go to the moon and back without a fuss, the one I have now forget it he will whine and whimper from the point you put him in the car till he gets out....I still take him with the Springer and Aussie they seem to keep him calm.
I a dog seat and I tether them ( doxies) in to keep them for toddling around ( keep form having back injuries ).

biglad

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Scottsdale, AZ
Member #

I have had 3 dachshunds in my time 2 of them would go to the moon and back without a fuss, the one I have now forget it he will whine and whimper from the point you put him in the car till he gets out....I still take him with the Springer and Aussie they seem to keep him calm.
I a dog seat and I tether them ( doxies) in to keep them for toddling around ( keep form having back injuries ).
We are experimenting with the best way to keep him when we are doing off-road things, and will very likely try that. Right now we bring his dog bed and he sleeps in the passengers lap for half the ride and watches out the side window for the other half. Only problem is that the passenger then has to be mindful of that. Not sure what is best, I'm sure we will find something perfect for him though

Hold Fast Overland

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Indianapolis
Member #

image.jpeg

Love seeing all the dogs! Our two older dogs past away last year but our new edition Darby has helped us with that tremendously. Still a puppy and he's always up for an adventure.

Been reading thru and taking notes of all the tips.

As for dog hair the leather interior helps. We also have a cover for the cargo area where he spends most of his time. I like that it has a flap that folds out for the hatch when he jumps in. Another great investment is a Gonzo pet hair lifter for the carpet.

sailor96

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fairfax VA
Member #

He looks like a culprit.....

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using OB Talk mobile app