Launch Member

Member II

Perris Ca
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

Id be sleeping in truck. I have a little mattress and spot for myself. Would it be an issue if I get there late on friday? Will they let me in?
We just have to leave room for your rig....should not be an issue. When you get there at the gate just let know you already have campsite if they even ask... sometimes they do and sometimes they dont...have you been to expo before?

Mojavewanderer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Hemet, CA, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Caldon
Member #

I’m going, my shirt size is XL, and I’d like a hat!
It’ll be good to see you again Jacob, it’s been a while since our Death Valley trip.

stickel

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stickel
Member #

If y'all don't mind picking up a stranger on the way, it would be great to meet up with this group along the way. I'm in Vegas and can meet up where 95 and I-40 meet or at Kingman, whichever works best for everyone. I also posted a link to this thread in the LV forum to see if anyone else from there would like to join the group, hope that's alright.

Hats look pretty good, I'd be down for one. As for camping, I've got a ground tent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Desert Runner

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Sweet...we will have a few guys with trailers....it won't be a race for us. Slow and Steady.
Pick a place that is not on the North side of US 95. That truck stop gets mighty busy, and between it,and the 40, can see traffic buildup when trying to get on the I-40 east at the light.

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
If y'all don't mind picking up a stranger on the way, it would be great to meet up with this group along the way. I'm in Vegas and can meet up where 93 and I-40 meet or at Kingman, whichever works best for everyone. I also posted a link to this thread in the LV forum to see if anyone else from there would like to join the group, hope that's alright.

Hats look pretty good, I'd be down for one. As for camping, I've got a ground tent.
See my cautionary about traffic where the 2 hwys meet. Been down their for lotto tickets, a real bear getting out of that truck stop. Had to go south once almost to the train/park, just to be able to turn around. Trying to cross to north bound US95 (VEGAS) was not going to happen.

Watching YOU Tube, weather can/might be a concern. Bring some extra tarps for your ground tent. Mild or cold seems to be a crap shoot.....year to year.

stickel

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stickel
Member #

See my cautionary about traffic where the 2 hwys meet. Been down their for lotto tickets, a real bear getting out of that truck stop. Had to go south once almost to the train/park, just to be able to turn around. Trying to cross to north bound US95 (VEGAS) was not going to happen.
Good to know, thanks for the heads up. I meant to say 95 and I-40, but I guess there's nothing there.

Watching YOU Tube, weather can/might be a concern. Bring some extra tarps for your ground tent. Mild or cold seems to be a crap shoot.....year to year.
Mild or cold for expo east or west? The few videos I've seen for west had it as pretty dry and warm. This will be my first year going so I'm sure I'll end up packing more than I need anyway.

Reactions: Miller8152

Miller8152

Rank IV

Advocate III

Moorpark, CA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Service Branch
Marine Corps
Last year at Expo West was dry and warm luckily. Nights were about mid 30s and My family slept in a ground tent, definitely bring extra padding and a Buddy Heater with extra propane.

Reactions: stickel

Mojavewanderer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Hemet, CA, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Caldon
Member #

Hello guys. Where are you guys camping. Do I need to buy a ticket for camping there ?
We are camping at the expo, and you do need tickets. There are still some left at overlandexpo.com This will be my first expo, and I’m really looking forward to it!

Dominic OB0158

US West Region Member Rep
Founder 500
Benefactor
Launch Member

Member II

Perris Ca
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

Do we have a time and location for the meetup in kingman yet?
We will be having a meeting this week while on our local Inland Empire Meet-up on April 26 and I will be going over the Convoy 40 details with everyone. I wil have the final Swag List and rally points for the convoy by May 3rd for everyone.

Looking forward to so seeing everyone.

Dominic OB0158

US West Region Member Rep
Founder 500
Benefactor
Launch Member

Member II

Perris Ca
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

Hello Everyone, the Overland Expo is only 25 short days away. Are you ready? As of today 16 rigs in Convoy 40, should be a blast.

I will have all the final rally points and times on the route posted by May 3rd, so far we have a Rally Point at
138 and 15 at
Cajon Junction, Victorville, Barstow (?) and Kingman. This year's goals is to pull into the Expo by 10 am.

SWAG PACKETS

Deadline for T-shirts is April 30th. I need your names and t-shirt sizes.

<< Please send me your info by using this FORM ...Click here>>

Stickers, t-shirt, patch. As for hats, once I have the final head count, I will let you all know if it is cost effective.

The cost for the swag packets is a shared cost with everyone who is going. The stickers are FREE!

Here is the list of members heading out in the convoy as of today:

Doug and Alison
Clif Bennett - OB# 3539
Brent - Mojavewanderer
Dominic Moschetti - OB 0158 - Shirt Order Submitted
Terry Buckley - tbuck12 / OB 9706 - Shirt Order Submitted
Monty - - Shirt Order Submitted
Daniel and Bernadette Breitenstein. - Red Rock Overland / OB 14907 - Shirt Order Submitted
Armostunt -
Miller 8152 -
MIke Stickel - Stickel / OB 9020 - Shirt Order Submitted
Desert Runner -
Jacob Siberfarb -
Hidesertwheelin -
OverlandCruiser -
A-Aron -
Dan Ayers - Danavision / OB 9939 - Shirt Order Submitted

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Desert runner..see I'm on the list, but I'm not going. Had foot surgery....sidelined.

But hope to go, one of these years....looking forward to all the post trip stories and action reports....enjoy

Last edited: