Kingman, Arizona, United States
First Name
JASON
Last Name
SMITH
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRUH443
It would be cool to convoy in with others. Coming from Texas would be the eastern side of Flag, we are west. With that said anyone traveling east on the I40 from Southern California let me know. We are leaving Kingman early Friday 3-4am.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

Man I wish I could go this year but I have too many weekend trips coming up. March is Mojave road with other ob members, may is an e clampus vitus clampout, June in monache meadows with ob members. I'm sure I'll have something pretty much every month going forward. Its a rough life but someone has to do it.

Sent from my LG-H810 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: BeardedOverland

BeardedOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
JASON
Last Name
SMITH
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRUH443
Man I wish I could go this year but I have too many weekend trips coming up. March is Mojave road with other ob members, may is an e clampus vitus clampout, June in monache meadows with ob members. I'm sure I'll have something pretty much every month going forward. Its a rough life but someone has to do it.

Sent from my LG-H810 using OB Talk mobile app
Sounds like you're going to be very busy, enjoy every minute of it! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

dziner

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Smith
Member #

I'll be working the event.

Leaving Friday, May 5th after work. Swinging by the house to pick up the Adventure Pup (Terry), then trying to get a head start and put a few miles on. Goal is to reach western Pennsylvania and find a place to crash Friday night. Hope to arrive in or near Flagstaff, Arizona by Tuesday, May 9th. Not sure my work days at Expo yet, but I'd love to see some stuff around there before I come home. Never seen the Grand Canyon, that would be awesome.

Then I'll be leaving Sunday morning to begin the track to Pennsylvania.

4xFar Adventures

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

Glad to see the excitement building for another OE! Everyone will have to report back asap for those of us who can't make it. My plans were to attend OE, but then that was switched to a week of training/certification in Moab the following week. Then I broke my leg and none of that is happening. Even if I am physically ok to go, I doubt my work is ready to give me a week off after being out for over 6 weeks now :(

BeardedOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
JASON
Last Name
SMITH
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRUH443
I'll be working the event.

Leaving Friday, May 5th after work. Swinging by the house to pick up the Adventure Pup (Terry), then trying to get a head start and put a few miles on. Goal is to reach western Pennsylvania and find a place to crash Friday night. Hope to arrive in or near Flagstaff, Arizona by Tuesday, May 9th. Not sure my work days at Expo yet, but I'd love to see some stuff around there before I come home. Never seen the Grand Canyon, that would be awesome.

Then I'll be leaving Sunday morning to begin the track to Pennsylvania.
If you can get a chance to breakaway and see the GCNP I would highly suggest it. I'm a big fan, and try to make it up there every couple of weeks. (only a 2.5hr trip for us)

Reactions: dziner

dziner

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Smith
Member #

If you can get a chance to breakaway and see the GCNP I would highly suggest it. I'm a big fan, and try to make it up there every couple of weeks. (only a 2.5hr trip for us)
I hope to see it. I mean, I'm driving 2,200 miles... what's another couple hours?

I have an Aunt and Uncle who live in Apache Junction, Arizona. Would be nice to see them too since I'll be out there. Maybe they can get a day pass for Expo.

WhiskeyIsMySpiritAnimal

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Scottsdale AZ
Member #

Just moved out to Scottsdale last Aug. One of the first things I did was check the dates for OEW 17, I've been like a kid counting down to Christmas.

Pretty excited to be able to just run up there in 2 hours.

If anyone wants ideas of stuff to see or do around Flag, let me know, I try to get up there and Sedona as often as I can.

Edped

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Southern California
Member #

Hello overland bound,

I'm new to overland world and I am looking forward to attend the overland expo but I don't know where to start. Where are the areas to park and camp? How do I register? Any advice is appreciated.

BeardedOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
JASON
Last Name
SMITH
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRUH443
Hello overland bound,

I'm new to overland world and I am looking forward to attend the overland expo but I don't know where to start. Where are the areas to park and camp? How do I register? Any advice is appreciated.
Here you can find all the answers.... https://www.overlandexpo.com/west/

Not only can you camp on site, but there is other camping in the area....
NEARBY ACCOMMODATIONS & CAMPING
WHAT IS AVAILABLE IN FLAGSTAFF?
Check out our Guide to Flagstaff page. Book Early! It's a busy weekend in Flagstaff.
For 2017 WEST: Many hotels are reporting full if you call directly, but we have found if you search via Hotels.com or Kayak.com (or similar), you can find still find rooms.

WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS FOR HOTELS?
There are no on-site hotels available, but there are many options nearby, at all price levels. Check out our Accommodations section of our Guide to Flagstaff page for links and information. *Disclaimer: if you are contact by Expo Housing Services (http://www.expohousingservices.com), we are in no way associated and it is a scam.

COCONINO NATIONAL FOREST CAMPGROUNDS AND DISPERSED CAMPING:
There are many U.S. Forest Service campgrounds around the Flagstaff area. Sites are well-spaced and shaded with tables, grills, water, and toilets. For more information, see the Forest Service page about Coconino campgrounds.

For those who prefer more solitude, dispersed camping is also allowed in the Coconino National Forest. For a detailed guide to regulations and suggested sites, see: Dispersed camping.

Reactions: jzuniga

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
New member here, My best friend Todd C. signed us up last month. His TLC will be on display with some very cool items on it that came all the way from South Africa.

It is getting hard to find camping spots so reserve them soon. All of the hotels are booking up fast because NAU is having graduation ceremony that weekend.
IMG_8329.JPG