US West Overland Expo Flagstaff 2020 moved again.

• HTML tutorial

CTO1Mike

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler II

Yuba City, CA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lester
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC5DWF
Service Branch
Navy
Overland Expo West in Ft Tuthill, AZ 2020 has been moved to May September 2021.
Leaving this up for reference.

View Rally Point
Last edited:

CTO1Mike

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler II

Yuba City, CA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lester
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC5DWF
Service Branch
Navy
Wheels rolling by 0800 on 13 May.
Intend to catch sunrise over Death Valley at Father Crowley Overlook at 0540.
Date / Sunrise / Sunset
13 May / NA / 19:51
14 May / 05:42 / 19:23
18 May / NA / 19:42
19 May / 05:35 / NA

Dan Tracy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Watsonville, Ca
Member #

Are you still planning to go in July?
I am planning to go. I'm near Santa Cruz, but would love to meet somewhere - say Los Banos or Madera, depending on which highway you choose.

Reactions: CTO1Mike

CTO1Mike

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler II

Yuba City, CA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lester
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC5DWF
Service Branch
Navy
Are you still planning to go in July?
I am planning to go. I'm near Santa Cruz, but would love to meet somewhere - say Los Banos or Madera, depending on which highway you choose.
Hi Dan.
I am still planning to depart the Sacramento area and go east to Carson City, then south on US 395 to Death Valley.
I will over night before Death Valley in the Lone Pine area.

This thread has more details.

Sonarman

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North SF bay area
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Arietta
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KMA6AIU
Service Branch
US Submarine Force
Any word on if Expo is going to happen? They need to limit the nut to butt camping.

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Any word on if Expo is going to happen? They need to limit the nut to butt camping.
We have been told all three Expos are going to happen, but who knows what will rally happen.

MegaBug

Rank VII
Launch Member

Influencer II

Colwood, BC, Canada
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lester
Member #

We have been told all three Expos are going to happen, but who knows what will rally happen.
Really hope that comes to pass Kent! We were booked for Expo Mountain West this year and it would be great if we could get it in for 2021. Does OB plan to be at both W Expos if possible? Might see you there :-)

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Really hope that comes to pass Kent! We were booked for Expo Mountain West this year and it would be great if we could get it in for 2021. Does OB plan to be at both W Expos if possible? Might see you there :-)
We will be at all three if they happen, but that is dependent on the Expo team. Once we get closer and get a better feel for what's going on I will start looking for volunteers for our booths. I can offer passes and camping in exchange for time in the booth for three days. But this all depends on the Covid situation at the time.

Reactions: CTO1Mike

MegaBug

Rank VII
Launch Member

Influencer II

Colwood, BC, Canada
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lester
Member #

We will be at all three if they happen, but that is dependent on the Expo team. Once we get closer and get a better feel for what's going on I will start looking for volunteers for our booths. I can offer passes and camping in exchange for time in the booth for three days. But this all depends on the Covid situation at the time.
Good to know Kent. Will be in touch if it is on and we can get there.

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Creator III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

Kent, when the details come out on flagstaff expo can you hit me up? I'm interested in volunteering at the booth. I just plenty of notice to reschedule my clients.

CTO1Mike

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler II

Yuba City, CA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lester
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC5DWF
Service Branch
Navy
Morning all! As of now I am still planning on attending in September, or whenever it ends up being.
Coming out of the Sacramento area, and looking for a travel group. Happy to coordinate one, or join in on another.