Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hi Michael - Can you save the itinerary as a PDF? I don’t have a system to support the .kml file

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes! Uploaded to the Rally Point and attached here!

Attachments

K6VCC

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Jose, CA
Member #

Is there a dedicated com channel for the caravan? CB channel and HAM frequency? My buddy and I will probably meet the group at base camp #2, since we won’t be able to leave until Wednesday afternoon. :/

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Is there a dedicated com channel for the caravan? CB channel and HAM frequency? My buddy and I will probably meet the group at base camp #2, since we won’t be able to leave until Wednesday afternoon. :/
Hey man! For now we'll use 146.46 and CB Channel 16. If 146.46 gets too chatty, we can switch as a group.

Hope to see you!

M

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Im rolling Friday through the Central CA valley I-5, to 58 then 40 to flagstaff. Arriving in Flagstaff in the afternoon. If anyone is on the route give me a shout on 146.46 or 146.52 Ill be monitoring both. Safe travels everyone.

Last edited:

K6VCC

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Jose, CA
Member #

So from the 2nd camp to the expo is roughly 30minutes (google map’s estimation). Is the 7AM departure to the expo exact or slowly pack up at 7AM?

Reason I ask is I may not reach Arizona until 4AM :( . Then crash at my friend’s house. I would like to be able to meet up with the OB group and roll to the expo with you guys/gals.

Trying to work out some scheduling.

SoCOTaco

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Monument, CO
Member #

I'm planning on joining up with you guys to camp Wednesday night. When do you anticipate getting to camp at Freidlein Prarie on Wednesday?

RevelOffroad

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Foster City, Ca
Member #

I’m headed down from SF to Flagstaff on the 16th. Couldn’t get time off to leave on the 15th. Might see if I can catch up and meet you guys at the camp site. If not, I will sure say hey at the Expo. Safe Travels everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

cA12Lo

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor II

Edwards, California
Member #

I just finished doing some last minute check on the LC and noticed the valve gasket had a leak and overflowed into the alternator....day before the expo. Smh.

So looks like the LC will have to sit this year’s “Disney” trip and take the FJC instead. Bummer.

Unloading and transferring gear/supplies from the LC to the FJC. Anyways, see you all tomorrow at the Barstow rally point!

Last edited:
Reactions: Michael

FJ_Anna

Rank V
Founder 500

Traveler III

Turlock, California, USA
First Name
Anna
Last Name
Lewis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSJ
I just finished doing some last minute check on the LC and noticed my alternator is leaking....day before the expo. Smh.

So looks like the LC will have to sit this year’s “Disney” trip and take the FJC instead. Bummer.

Unloading and transferring gear/supplies from the LC to the FJC. Anyways, see you all tomorrow at the Barstow rally point!

That sucks! Way less room in our FJCs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk