Rank 0

Contributor I

Ireland, Dublin
First Name
David
Last Name
Collins
Member #

Having a big cooler with you in your truck on the hot road is so amazing. That refreshing moment is priceless. Before I had average small coolers with handles that broke easily. Most of the time on each stop I would just buy my drinks at a stop. I saw a huge cooler in one of my good mates truck and he told me that it was a Coleman Xtreme Series, Portable Cooler. I have to say, it’s quite a beauty. I did end up buying it after getting more information at many review sites that I follow Best Thermoelectric Coolers – Reviews and Top Picks, I knew I would have to get myself one. I’ve used it in my truck for a good couple of months now. I’m not gonna lie, I'm not the skinny type and after that cooler was full I had a bit of trouble placing him in my truck. I loaded this cooler with heavy cans of beer and soda, and the handles provided enough friction (rubberized grips) and stability to carry the heavy cooler long distances. So, it’s already a good thing, especially for a cooler at this price. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm quite well settled with my cooler purchase.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Mogwai

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Member #

I'd throw RTIC on the list if you want YETI quality at half the price (or more). These types of coolers offer 2x the claimed "ice retention" that for example the coleman does and they often have 50% off sales, but even at 30% off they are a pretty good deal especially in relation to the cost of other "mods", and it's a buy-once type purchase that you'll get a ton of use from. I also roll w/ two small/mid size coolers vs one giant one. Easier to move around, I can bring only one if it's a short trip and I don't have the family with me. On long trips I'll pack one tight w/ frozen foods/ice and not open it until later in the trip. Operate out of the first one for the first half. Opening and closing over and over to get 100 beers/sodas out is what kills your ability to keep things cold for longer.

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Look at Maluna Chest, they sell direct and are very good. They have a different lid a latch system it's very effective. I don't go over a 100qt size. I solo most of the time and getting anything bigger is a pain.