Moncks Corner, SC, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Neacosia
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
Not sure in Spain, but most of mainland Europe, if it's not gated, it's public. But don't take my word for it.
I have heard that in Spain most "tracks" are either privately owned, or you need local town Mayor or similar to approve usage, but I can't confirm that.
There must be a way of finding out .................... off to try our friend Google ........
Think I might have found my answer through "Googlebox." https://www.wikiloc.com/trails/offroading/spain/andalusia

Reactions: nickburt

stevejku

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Runwell, Essex, United Kingdom
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Fagioli
Member #

Hi I am based in Essex, been off-roading for a few years now. Went up to Denmark in 2016 and out to Italy in 2017. Also head down to Chambon-sur-Lac once a year for an event held by Jeep AOC. Nothing planned for this year so far but still time.

Kevigizmo

Western Europe Moderator
Launch Member

Influencer II

North Walsham, Norfolk, UK
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

Hi all! If we are planning or hoping to plan a UK meet, why not take advantage of the Adventure Overland Show at Stratford. Possibly an OB area in the camp site?
Indeed this is something that happened at the Spring one and an im-promtpue one last sept as well

If you check Rally point (if you are a member) or check the event thread's on the right side of this page you will see a thread already setup :grinning:

Kevigizmo

Western Europe Moderator
Launch Member

Influencer II

North Walsham, Norfolk, UK
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

Is there a trigger for member numbers in order to get a "OB Europe" group patch.... or ss this in development?
Hey

There's been changes brewing which had a restructure of OB in the EU regions,
Things have settled down a bit now but the patches for this particular region will get going again shortly, its currently in discussion :)

Reactions: Tim

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
Is there a trigger for member numbers in order to get a "OB Europe" group patch.... or ss this in development?
Ooooooo dodgy territory. Caused iron girder last time we distgusted it lol
Still say it should be a series landy on the west Europe patch , tick tock tick tock

Yngve

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Oslo
Member #

The somewhat united union, lemme know when we get patches for the Arctic. I will have both.

Yngve

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Oslo
Member #

Since there is no Europe North yet and scots, poor people, think they live in the North I am gathering anyone whom would like to get outdoors Friday Dec 7.th in Norway just and hour and a-half off from Oslo.

Location - Lygnatjern rasteplass (for google maps) https://www.google.com/maps/place/Lygnatjern+Rasteplass/@60.4563277,10.647118,17z/data=!4m12!1m6!3m5!1s0x4641b94928ca5739:0x9f89962f2c786ba9!2sLygnasæter+Hotell!8m2!3d60.4550924!4d10.6444573!3m4!1s0x4641b99a8a4aebdf:0x4e09de785a5ad2d4!8m2!3d60.4565955!4d10.6469254

Snow is on the ground, so if you have a chance to participate, please do but remember it is not June or July in the Sub Arctics. I shall bring a four season sleeping bag and blankets to add for a comfy sleep there.

Plan is simple enough. I bring two sacks of fire wood, I lit the fire as soon as I have rigged up for the night. From there on, it is relaxation and nothing more till I leave. Keeping the bonfire going is a must, aslong as folks sit around it.
Some 200m to the South is Lygnaseter hotel and 500n South of that, is the Lygnaseter camping where 230V at 16 ampére is offered at NOK 300,-/night, so if you freeze you need not to overdo it.

No fancy driving in the snow, no fancy activities, just pure and simple having a fire going a bit off from the town of Oslo where I live, and not much more. I shall be kicking tires, lying, laughing at the apropiate places and otherwise be a pal. All this to get away from the pre-Christmass hysteria that started in September.

Yngve

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Oslo
Member #

You had me going there, for a sec, Joey :fearscream: But I did write it, sometimes I forget - old age creeping in.

Friday 071218 after daybreak I shall start my drive there, picking up fire wood and what-not and as soon as I can I will curb up and re lax ate.