Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Scranton, Arkansas, United States
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Kirby
Member #

Ok noob here. Haven’t joined overland bound yet to give you and idea of how noob I am. We are trying to get as much exposure to the world of overlanding as possible. Would this be an event we could attend even though we haven’t joined yet? Also, how strict are the vehicle compliance rules. Specifically, we have a stock Tacoma prerunner. Haven’t made any mods yet since we are just learning about this stuff so no front recovery points unless there are some built in the stock truck. We do have a rear tow hitch which I believe can be used for recovery. I doubt we will even be doing any trails that would need this stuff since we are just stock. Really just want to get around other vehicles and people so we can see what can be done with the vehicle and get ideas since we are a family of 5. We live up in Springfield mo and head to Arkansas for most of our adventures so it would be a breeze to attend this. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Natenite, email all your questions to info@overlandbound.com .

bmwguru

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Pickrell
Member #

Is there any refund policy? I have had a death in the family and will not be able to attend. If not I understand but it doesn't hurt to ask.

SouthernTacoma

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Monroe, LA
First Name
Dane
Last Name
Pullen
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
I really want to make this event this weekend. Is anyone from East Louisiana heading up there? I’d love to camp out and learn recovery techniques and talk gear with other members

Reactions: Razorback

Jimmy Dale

Rank II
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Greenwell Springs, Central, LA, USA
First Name
Jimmy
Last Name
Nicholson
Member #

Got to pass through there yesterday and met a couple of guys in a white Land Rover. Can’t remember their names. Wish we could have came for the weekend but we had prior vacation plans with other people. Didn’t have much time to spend there but seemed like it was going to be a wet weekend. Good luck to everyone and stay safe.

Reactions: Razorback

Razorback

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Scranton, Arkansas, United States
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Kirby
Member #

Overland Bound Ozark Rally was awesome. Mike Cory and all of their staff done an excellent job. I enjoyed the clinics they put on and found them very informative and helpful. I would like to extend a special thank you to a different Mike and Dannon for their help with my Ram pickup truck. And the whole crew during the winching clinic un-burying my CJ7. There was over a hundred people in attendance and around 50 Riggs. I seen Riggs from Iowa Kansas, Nebraska South Carolina Alabama Louisiana Texas Oklahoma California and even Arkansas and did not meet one person who was not a pleasure to speak with or be around, just a great bunch of like-minded folks enjoying the outdoors. Can't wait for next year's rally and hopefully will make other Rally's in the meantime.IMG_20190609_100636271.jpegIMG_20190609_100332664.jpegIMG_20190609_070625259.jpeg