Supporter

Protector II

Placer County, California, United States
First Name
Corrie
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

* This is an official Overland Bound event. To register visit Rally Southeast 2019 *

Come join us June 7th - 9th for a weekend of community, connection, training and FUN in the Ozarks. There will be a variety of overland skill clinics and courses to practice your off-road and recovery skills, and time to partner up and explore the Ozark National Forest. All activities and camping will be at Byrd's Adventure Center, a gorgeous family friendly outdoors event center on the Mulberry River with plenty of space for kids and adults to roam and relax.

View Rally Point

Razorback

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Scranton, Arkansas, United States
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Kirby
Member #

* This is an official Overland Bound event. To register visit Rally Southeast 2019 *

Come join us June 7th - 9th for a weekend of community, connection, training and FUN in the Ozarks. There will be a variety of overland skill clinics and courses to practice your off-road and recovery skills, and time to partner up and explore the Ozark National Forest. All activities and camping will be at Byrd's Adventure Center, a gorgeous family friendly outdoors event center on the Mulberry River with plenty of space for kids and adults to roam and relax.
The hwy 23 bridge over the Arkansas river at Ozark is closed until June 7 due to high water. I will post any changes to that status.

Reactions: Scott McCormick

bmwguru

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Pickrell
Member #

The hwy 23 bridge over the Arkansas river at Ozark is closed until June 7 due to high water. I will post any changes to that status.
Thanks for the heads up. Appears that is only an issue if you are approaching from the south. Thankfully I am coming from Indiana (north east) so I should be ok hopefully.

Reactions: Razorback

Walt

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Tulsa, OK, USA
Member #

Many in the area are interested in the event, but not the $35.00 Byrd private trails fee. We would rather trail in the National Forrest there, which is more scenic, historic, and free. Could you offer that (less Byrd fee) in your options to register?

bmwguru

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Pickrell
Member #

Many in the area are interested in the event, but not the $35.00 Byrd private trails fee. We would rather trail in the National Forrest there, which is more scenic, historic, and free. Could you offer that (less Byrd fee) in your options to register?
I see this on Byrds website...wtf does that mean? 4x4s - $20 per day or $30 flat fee per day if camping or lodging at Byrd's Why is it more for a flat fee?

lemaycanique

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Sherbrooke, QC, Canada
Member #

Can't make it I will be at the 2019 Mega Meet Jeep in Trois-Rivières Quebec Canada that weekend.
Have a good time

Razorback

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Kirby
Member #

Thanks for the heads up. Appears that is only an issue if you are approaching from the south. Thankfully I am coming from Indiana (north east) so I should be ok hopefully.
Buddabuda, you should be fine I had read on another form some folks from Louisiana and Texas is coming up thought it would be useful information for them.

Walt

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Tulsa, OK, USA
Member #

I see this on Byrds website...wtf does that mean? 4x4s - $20 per day or $30 flat fee per day if camping or lodging at Byrd's Why is it more for a flat fee?
Byrd has a primitive area fee, an electric hook up fee and an additional option fee to ride their private trails.
Their “flat rate” includes camping and trails. You would need to call them for better details than I can remember. They’re good to work with. They’re trails are good too. I’d just rather go out in the National Forrest there.

Tray

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Tray
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WB5TRA
Just registered for next weekend. Unfortunately, I won't have my whole family unit. It'll be a boys weekend, Eli will be co-piloting. Looking forward to meeting you guys there, first OB event so pretty stoked. -Tray

Razorback

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Kirby
Member #

Hwy 7 is closed between Centerville and Dardenell, there is a detour but don't know how long it will last due to Levee failure. If you are coming up from Texas or Louisiana I would recommend going through Ft Smith or Little Rock. Any changes in road closures I will post as they open / close.

Razorback

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Kirby
Member #

Thanks for the heads-up on road closures! I guess I'll probably go ahead and run Waze all the way up, and let it route me. [emoji14] I normally only use it around town to avoid accidents.
Chili, coming up from Euless most routs will take you west of the problem areas in Arkansas.

Tray

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Tray
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WB5TRA
Thanks for the heads-up on road closures! I guess I'll probably go ahead and run Waze all the way up, and let it route me. :p I normally only use it around town to avoid accidents.
Is waze an app?

Craig M

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Haslet, Texas, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
M
Member #

Yes Waze is an app. I find for longer trips Google maps works better, even better than the GPS in my Jeep.
I agree about Google maps for the most part, as it's gotten better with the traffic stuff, of course, that's coming from Waze (who is owned by Google). If they put your speed all the time, I'd probably switch full time. I think that's the last thing keeping me on Waze. And I like the speed there because I know it's accurate (running 35's), and frankly, it's more convenient than looking down at the hard to see in the day, instrument cluster.

Usually, for long trips i actually prefer to use my Garmin. Mainly because it's the 7", (shows your speed) has good voice command functionality, lifetime map updates, and has a good 'search along the route' function as well. Plus, it keeps my phone free.

It supposedly has 'traffic' but that relies on fm stations broadcasting the data. Its pretty worthless compared to waze and Google. :O

Reactions: Razorback and Tray

Natenite

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Missouri
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
knight
Member #

Ok noob here. Haven’t joined overland bound yet to give you and idea of how noob I am. We are trying to get as much exposure to the world of overlanding as possible. Would this be an event we could attend even though we haven’t joined yet? Also, how strict are the vehicle compliance rules. Specifically, we have a stock Tacoma prerunner. Haven’t made any mods yet since we are just learning about this stuff so no front recovery points unless there are some built in the stock truck. We do have a rear tow hitch which I believe can be used for recovery. I doubt we will even be doing any trails that would need this stuff since we are just stock. Really just want to get around other vehicles and people so we can see what can be done with the vehicle and get ideas since we are a family of 5. We live up in Springfield mo and head to Arkansas for most of our adventures so it would be a breeze to attend this. Any thoughts? Thanks!