Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

California, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
S
Am I the only one who heard alot of static on the last/6th podcast?
I did not hear any static while listening to the latest podcast using headphones on my laptop but after comparing a few of the podcasts, the volume of the latest podcast seemed to be a bit lower than the previous ones. Perhaps, they were sitting further away from the microphones when they were recording it? I corrected it by increasing the volume on my laptop. Your mileage may vary on a different type of device or podcast streaming service. I love the podcasts and appreciate all the time and effort that must go into making each one. Combine that with all of the other social media updates that they post everyday, I am amazed and honored by their dedication to the overland community. They are great ambassadors! I just hope that they still get a chance to hit the trails as often as they want.

Reactions: Kevigizmo

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

I can only speak for myself, but I'd like to hear more about how to setup a basic ground/in-car camp setup for beginners, what is needed, if securing a tent to the vehicle is a good or a bad idea incase of wind, how to choose the basic stuff needed for 1 or 2 nights camping for those (like me) who have never been camping before.

Last edited:

MBroenkow

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Sonoma County, CA
Member #

I can only speak for myself, but I'd like to hear more about how to setup a basic ground/in-car camp setup for beginners, what is needed, if securing a tent to the vehicle is a good or a bad idea incase of wind, how to choose the basic stuff needed for 1 or 2 nights camping for those (like me) who have never been camping before.
Google is a fantastic resource! I found a few pages that could be helpful;
https://lifehacker.com/a-beginners-guide-to-essential-camping-gear-1772170083
http://www.gocampingaustralia.com/10-beginner-camping-mistakes.html

Then again, I guess its just not the same as hearing it from Michael's golden throat! :tonguewink:

revamp

Rank IV
Founder 500

Enthusiast II

Mansfield, TX
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Beyer
Member #

Michael - let me know if you need any technical assistance with the podcast or gear. I am professional AV guy and would be happy to help!

Topic ideas:
  • Leave No Trace and Tread Lightly (I am an LNT trainer, and this is always a hot topic for me)
  • Wilderness First Aid basics (I just got WFA trained this summer)
  • Hydration - how important it is in both hot and cold weather
  • Maybe an app review for maps, or resources for events, other mobile app tools - for example there are apps for knots, first aid, cooking recipes while in the front and back country, dutch oven recipe app with coal calculator, etc

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

@Michael,

Here is my idea... I think it would be great to have something about hosting events like Rigs and Coffee, Camping meetups, Trail trips, etc... Not so much how to set it up online, but the actual being prepared at the event itself.

I am in Central New York State and we don't have many if any public "Trails", however we have an almost unlimited supply of amazing scenery and dirt roads from the Finger Lakes, Adirondacks, Catskills and more...

Basically, what should an "event coordinator" know. What have you learned since OB was only a handful of members? Tips and tricks? Do's and don'ts...

I want to help get NY going and to help support the NE OB Region

Thanks!

PS: We need more podcasts! LOL

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

@Michael,

Here is my idea... I think it would be great to have something about hosting events like Rigs and Coffee, Camping meetups, Trail trips, etc... Not so much how to set it up online, but the actual being prepared at the event itself.

I am in Central New York State and we don't have many if any public "Trails", however we have an almost unlimited supply of amazing scenery and dirt roads from the Finger Lakes, Adirondacks, Catskills and more...

Basically, what should an "event coordinator" know. What have you learned since OB was only a handful of members? Tips and tricks? Do's and don'ts...

I want to help get NY going and to help support the NE OB Region

Thanks!

PS: We need more podcasts! LOL
We were just talking about this last night and I think we will be doing something pretty soon on exactly this topic.