Status
Not open for further replies.

roamingtimber

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

North Cascades, Washington
Member #

I would guesstimate by weight, possibly plated brass or bronze of some sort?
That's kind of what I'm thinking. If all else fails, I'll use new adhesive tape to accomplish the same thing. It would be cool if I could weld it though. Maybe I'll give it a shot and worse case scenario have to order a new one. That being said, has anyone tried to remove there's yet? If so any tips? I'm hoping to remove mine and re-use it with out damaging the paint on my jeep. I'm thinking heat and fishing line.....

Reactions: SLO Rob

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
That's kind of what I'm thinking. If all else fails, I'll use new adhesive tape to accomplish the same thing. It would be cool if I could weld it though. Maybe I'll give it a shot and worse case scenario have to order a new one. That being said, has anyone tried to remove there's yet? If so any tips? I'm hoping to remove mine and re-use it with out damaging the paint on my jeep. I'm thinking heat and fishing line.....
Hey there,

They are made of Zinc Alloy. I dont think that is very weld friendly, but I'll bet @stringtwelve knows a thing or two!

M

Reactions: Lifestyle Overland

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Had my emblem for over a month now. Today is suppose to get up to 50 degrees here in Iowa. I've yet to settle on a location to place it. I think I'm just going to go outside and stick it on the first spot that appeals to me. I can't believe I've been putting this much thought into it. lol

Reactions: SLO Rob
Status
Not open for further replies.