Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
Yes, we will be meeting at Steve’s Pizza in April. The plan is to eat then go down to where Logan’s used to be and use the open space to set up. They are currently renovating that space for a new Mexican themed restaurant. So we might have to flexible where we set up. More to come.

Otter155

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
J
Last Name
N
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AJ3EP
Hello! New to the community, interested in the meet up. Can't make March but April I'll be there! Is the meet up always at Steve's Pizza off of HWY 99? Thanks!
Hey there! Yes the meetup has been at Steve's since our first meeting. For April we will be meeting in Steve's for the first part, then heading out to the parking lot to look at rigs. Hope you can make it.

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
Are we having a meeting this Thursday? Just watching the new conference of the Governor.

Otter155

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
J
Last Name
N
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AJ3EP
We are cancelling the March E.G.O. meetup with the intent to hold the one in April.

I was willing to meet with anyone who showed up, but personal safety is more important than consistency of a meetup.

There are questions about group size and the restaurant's responsibility by letting us eat as a party; not to mention all the safety concerns.

I hope to hear some good stories, and tales of trips from others when we meet in April.

Jeff/Otter155

Reactions: Offroadtails

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
Who would be interested in doing some volunteer work or adopt a trail in the Eldorado National Forest ? I attached the 2019 forest service annual report. For OHV go to page eight for more info.

Attachments

Reactions: Christian Chua

Otter155

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
J
Last Name
N
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AJ3EP
I love the idea, and would be willing. If you notice, SFO is on page 8 of the pdf you attached. My son and I have been on a cleanup for that trail. We could use the same contact SFO has, working with them to determine what trail would be good for our group to adopt. Awesome idea @Offroadtails .

DiggersDue

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Lambdin
Member #

Hey guys just wondering if we are still planning an April meetup? Or are we gonna hold off and see what May brings?

Otter155

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
J
Last Name
N
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AJ3EP
At this point, there will be no meeting. The shelter in place guidance, along with no open restaurants, prevents us from holding it at the pizza place. The first meetup back (whenever that may be) will be our first rig walk around.....stayed tuned.

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
Good Evening to all,

I hope everyone is doing well, my question to everyone is who would be interested to do a meet-up outside this month? We just need to find a parking lot large enough to hold all of us. I figure we do the show and tell of the rigs and trailers.

Just a thought.

Markus

SacDirtDealer

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Carmichael, Sacramento County, California, United States
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Good Evening to all,

I hope everyone is doing well, my question to everyone is who would be interested to do a meet-up outside this month? We just need to find a parking lot large enough to hold all of us. I figure we do the show and tell of the rigs and trailers.

Just a thought.

Markus
I'd be ok with that.

Reactions: Offroadtails

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
Who would be interested in doing some volunteer work or adopt a trail in the Eldorado National Forest ? I attached the 2019 forest service annual report. For OHV go to page eight for more info.
I got in contact with USFS and was able to get a couple of trails that could use some maintenance. These are in the Amador ranger district off of Hwy 88 in the El Dorado National Forest.

16E26 Onion Valley to Munson Meadow​
17E24 Mud Lake Road to Martel Flat​
I am planning to scout out these two trails and take video for people to review, I am hoping to do it this Saturday. There is some paperwork that we would need to fill out before we can do any work. If trail maintained isn’t what we want to do there are other opportunities as well.

more to come.

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
I got in contact with USFS and was able to get a couple of trails that could use some maintenance. These are in the Amador ranger district off of Hwy 88 in the El Dorado National Forest.

16E26 Onion Valley to Munson Meadow​
17E24 Mud Lake Road to Martel Flat​
I am planning to scout out these two trails and take video for people to review, I am hoping to do it this Saturday. There is some paperwork that we would need to fill out before we can do any work. If trail maintained isn’t what we want to do there are other opportunities as well.

more to come.
Great job!! I’ve added a link that might help you organize your cleanup.

Good luck and please remember OB asks that the members adhere to State and local guidelines regarding the pandemic.

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
Great job!! I’ve added a link that might help you organize your cleanup.

Good luck and please remember OB asks that the members adhere to State and local guidelines regarding the pandemic.
Thank you and we will adhere.

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
Do you have any tentative plans for this? I’m looking at getting out soon and if this works out I’d like to go. Info on what’s open is a bit scattered and vague so it’s a bit difficult to plan right now
@Otter155 thank you for joining me on Saturday for the failed recon of the trails.

one trail head was closed off with a gate, even when some got past it. Going to reach out to the FS and see how they got past the gate. The other had a still enough snow to make it up passable for me.

@ParksIT I am hoping for mid June.

please be in the lookout for a Zoom meeting invite for this months meeting.

Otter155

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
J
Last Name
N
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AJ3EP
Hey everyone, we will be having a meeting this Thursday using Zoom. Below is the information.

Meeting ID: 781 3553 4730
Password: 7abRUH

The meeting will be 30 minutes long, and be an update of where we are at on Trails, adopting a trail and then an open forum. Hope to see you online.