Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pomona
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Armenta
Member #

Beautiful Coin. What an honor. Would you rather have this coin or another ARCOM (an official Commendation Medal, for the non-military)?
I would rather get the coins, they mean more and are more personal in my opinion, and great conversation pieces

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
I think one side should be the OB logo, but we could change the text if we wanted, and the other side appreciation. If you have any design ideas for images or inscriptions, fire away! I'm going to work on this a bit.

M

Reactions: Armentac

ce4460

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington
First Name
Will
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I think one side should be the OB logo, but we could change the text if we wanted, and the other side appreciation. If you have any design ideas for images or inscriptions, fire away! I'm going to work on this a bit.

M
Sweeet. When would you like design back to you and in what form?

NetDep

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

St. George, UT, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
G
Member #

Keeping a keen eye on this - will definitely get some when available. They'd be great for camping/expo to swap/compare.bullshit about.........:grinning:

Reactions: Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
So, I created a mock up of "Side 2" of the first Challenge Coin. Side 1 will be the Overland Bound logo, just like our emblems. My thinking is that we have multiple coins. Ambassador, Innovator, Adventurer, Challenger. What do you think?

Some of the elements:
  1. Compass = exploration
  2. Cross = safety
  3. Outer tread = tire
  4. Bead locks = Be prepared
  5. Tree & Mountain = The great outdoors

coin.jpg

ce4460

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington
First Name
Will
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Service Branch
Army
This is great. So, would ambassador be given for being an ambassador or given by ambassador for recognition of some kind. In the military, coins often have rank designation for senior leadership (giver).

Reactions: WCO_Ryan

ce4460

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington
First Name
Will
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Seems like it'd be good to have at least one design available to buy in the store. Along this line, a member coin could be sold as well. This coin could have a couple blank spots large enough to engrave year of membership and member number (for an engraving fee of course).

Reactions: WCO_Ryan

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
This is great. So, would ambassador be given for being an ambassador or given by ambassador for recognition of some kind. In the military, coins often have rank designation for senior leadership (giver).
It could be either, but was thinking given for advocating or demonstrating our principles and lifestyle.

Reactions: Buzzard13

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Seems like it'd be good to have at least one design available to buy in the store. Along this line, a member coin could be sold as well. This coin could have a couple blank spots large enough to engrave year of membership and member number (for an engraving fee of course).
Just as you said, I was thinking we might give a version out to members who reach "Ambassador" level in the forums for free. We could give out others in person, and a slightly different version could be bought (perhaps with member number)

BeardedOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Kingman, Arizona, United States
First Name
JASON
Last Name
SMITH
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRUH443
So, I created a mock up of "Side 2" of the first Challenge Coin. Side 1 will be the Overland Bound logo, just like our emblems. My thinking is that we have multiple coins. Ambassador, Innovator, Adventurer, Challenger. What do you think?

Some of the elements:
  1. Compass = exploration
  2. Cross = safety
  3. Outer tread = tire
  4. Bead locks = Be prepared
  5. Tree & Mountain = The great outdoors

View attachment 6510
That's a sharp design I like it.

Reactions: Michael