Launch Member

Creator III

Nampa, Idaho
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Hendricks
Member #

Got more done! Built the fridge slider and stuck the fridge in. Still need to box in the front, but that depends on building the counter...everything seems to depend on everything else:grinning:.
Got my 4X4 conversion scheduled for June...20210307_155006[1101].jpg20210307_154936[1099].jpg

Reactions: Shahn

loper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Creator III

Nampa, Idaho
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Hendricks
Member #

Another update:

Fridge cabinet/latches built.

Electrics run and wired in, except...I need more cable to make the battery cables (dammit!).

And now it's calico, working on the liner stuff paint job. Got the top (pain in the butt), front clip, and back doors done, and everything else scuffed waiting for weather.

Going to get hectic, I have lots of NG stuff this month and it's going to Oregon the 1st for the 4X swap.

Attachments

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
So, here's the rack, etc. Drove it about 550 miles home, no problems.

Felt a little squirrely at first, but a tire pressure adjustment calmed it right down.

8500 pounds all in, right at 10' at the top of the rack.
That looks great! I did a caster correction to help my squirreliness after the lift. Helped a ton!

Reactions: PapaDave

OBB

Rank VII

Pioneer II

El Dorado Hills, El Dorado County, California, United States
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Speck
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1FMS
So, here's the rack, etc. Drove it about 550 miles home, no problems.

Felt a little squirrely at first, but a tire pressure adjustment calmed it right down.

8500 pounds all in, right at 10' at the top of the rack.

What an amazing rig. Congrats dude!

I was close to get an Ecoline and had planned to make a 4x4 conversation by Ujoint, but I missed the opportunity to purchase one I wanted by a couple of hours. Looked for so long that I gave up and went another route.

loper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Creator III

Nampa, Idaho
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Hendricks
Member #

What an amazing rig. Congrats dude!

I was close to get an Ecoline and had planned to make a 4x4 conversation by Ujoint, but I missed the opportunity to purchase one I wanted by a couple of hours. Looked for so long that I gave up and went another route.
Thanks! We looked for a few months and found exactly what we wanted to build on. From there it has just been a question of time, money, and work.

Reactions: OBB

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Another update:

Fridge cabinet/latches built.

Electrics run and wired in, except...I need more cable to make the battery cables (dammit!).

And now it's calico, working on the liner stuff paint job. Got the top (pain in the butt), front clip, and back doors done, and everything else scuffed waiting for weather.

Going to get hectic, I have lots of NG stuff this month and it's going to Oregon the 1st for the 4X swap.
what did you use for the tan finish? Did you do it in the driveway or rig a spray booth?

loper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Creator III

Nampa, Idaho
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Hendricks
Member #

what did you use for the tan finish? Did you do it in the driveway or rig a spray booth?
Monstaliner bed liner-type paint. Did it in the driveway. The manufacturer's (monstaliner) website recommends rolling it on with textured rollers, more than spraying.
Monstaliner has a lot of color choices, pretty easy to work with, BUT: the fumes will wreck you (even outside) and of course the prep work is critical.

Reactions: Sparksalot

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Monstaliner bed liner-type paint. Did it in the driveway. The manufacturer's (monstaliner) website recommends rolling it on with textured rollers, more than spraying.
Monstaliner has a lot of color choices, pretty easy to work with, BUT: the fumes will wreck you (even outside) and of course the prep work is critical.
I’ve been thinking about Raptor liner. Same black and white scheme I have currently. I’ve been trying to determine how much I need.

loper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Creator III

Nampa, Idaho
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Hendricks
Member #

I’ve been thinking about Raptor liner. Same black and white scheme I have currently. I’ve been trying to determine how much I need.
Raptor liner's coverage guide says it covers 2 coats 20 to 30 square feet per liter, depending on how heavy you lay it down. I know raptor sprays well.

I measured the van all over and bought slightly more than monstaliner's coverage guide called for. I ended up with a LOT extra, so maybe drop your estimate a little.

Reactions: Sparksalot

loper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Creator III

Nampa, Idaho
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Hendricks
Member #

Made a little trip through Celebration, across the birds of prey area, to Swan Falls dam and out past Black's creek to another part of birds of prey.bop2.jpgbop6.jpgbop7.jpg