Our Roots

• HTML tutorial

Taoracer

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

I just got back home from the Mt. Shasta area with my son. Camping and visiting family. We got to camp on the mountain, and I even got to shift into 4lo! Haha

But what I want to share is a moment I had with my grandma. We were driving back from a gorgeous waterfall.
It was a single lane dirt road, nothing a stock Subaru couldn't handle. My mom was driving and my grandma in the passenger seat. I was excited about trails that I was looking at (on my gps). When my grandma says,
"...you know, a long time ago. When I was a girl. I went on a jeep trip. It was a old army jeep. There was a trailer, that I towed behind it. It had 2 shifters..."
At this point I'm losing mind!! I'm picturing my young grandma (who is about to turn 90!) driving a flat fender w/ a trailer?! How cool is that!?
So I guess this apple Hasn't fallen to far from the tree. ;)

E

expeditionnorth

good to hear the apple doesnt fall too far from the tree
& to think your son has this spirit now, since you gave him the taste of adventure

mmnorthdirections

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Dixon Ca
First Name
mason
Last Name
north
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EUR
@Taoracer I loved the story/connection you had pretty awesome stuff. I thought you might be interested in something that myself and a few others had posted in about Roots/History of maybe why we all like this Overlanding experience.
http://www.overlandbound.com/forums/posts/28874/ Hope you enjoy and welcome!!!!!

Reactions: Luis Merlo

mmnorthdirections

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Dixon Ca
First Name
mason
Last Name
north
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EUR
There was no need to move it! I could have done that. Just wanted to share other stories with you!!!! enjoy!!!

picklejuice

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Bay Area, CA
Member #

I just got back home from the Mt. Shasta area with my son. Camping and visiting family. We got to camp on the mountain, and I even got to shift into 4lo! Haha

But what I want to share is a moment I had with my grandma. We were driving back from a gorgeous waterfall.
It was a single lane dirt road, nothing a stock Subaru couldn't handle. My mom was driving and my grandma in the passenger seat. I was excited about trails that I was looking at (on my gps). When my grandma says,
"...you know, a long time ago. When I was a girl. I went on a jeep trip. It was a old army jeep. There was a trailer, that I towed behind it. It had 2 shifters..."
At this point I'm losing mind!! I'm picturing my young grandma (who is about to turn 90!) driving a flat fender w/ a trailer?! How cool is that!?
So I guess this apple Hasn't fallen to far from the tree. ;)
Kind of interesting - your grandma was doing this probably 70+ years ago, and here we are still doing it today. Technology has changed immensely since those days, and we can try to keep up with it the best that we can, but it's the essentials like this that make us feel most alive. Great story!