OTG 2016 - South/Central California Convoy (maybe?)

• HTML tutorial

pabloquiros

Rank V
Launch Member
Supporter

Advocate II

Morro Bay, California
Member #

I am new here and so far have only met @SLO Rob from my area, but is anyone going to the rally from this part of California and want to meet up?

I see the Nor-Cal folks have already organized a pretty efficient operation, anyone interested in doing the same for this area?

Reactions: Michael

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

Hey, Pabilito! There aren't any others from our hood, but both the Norcal and Socal convays have marked meeting location. I think we may be too far west unless you shoot over to the 5...but that may make your trip longer! I'll be out of town before hand and meeting up at the Rally.

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

Yeah that's what it looks like :(, I may just hit it solo all the way to the Rally, will probably wind up stopping somewhere near fresno or clovis to pick up a yeti and some other things I need.
Cool! Call them for prices. Miners in SLO and Ember in Paso are Yeti dealers...

Robby

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Tulare, Tulare County, California, United States
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Gill
Member #

Which route are you running from the coast? What is your time schedule? I know a couple of us from just south of Fresno will be heading up Friday morning. (shhh don't tell anyone, I'm calling in sick...lol)
If you take the 46 across to the 41 or however that is, to get to the 99, We might be able to join up with ya or visa versa... lemme know :D

Reactions: pabloquiros

Robby

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Robert
Last Name
Gill
Member #

@pabloquiros Do this! You need to meet Robby anyway because one day we're doing a trip like Mojave or Death Valley or....
That is soooo happening! How about spring '17? We go in April usually. Jawbone/Last Chance Canyon near California City... camping is free, just gas and food

pabloquiros

Rank V
Launch Member
Supporter

Advocate II

Morro Bay, California
Member #

Shit, just got around to replying to this, sorry about that. @Robby so my plan was leaving Morro about 7:30/8 which would put me in Fresno at around 11?

Looking at my planned route it seems 46 -> 41 all the way to fresno ->168 all the way to the lake.

Robby

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Robert
Last Name
Gill
Member #

Sounds awesome @Robby so I will be coming up where 41 meets 99 northbound, we can totally meet up then if our times match
Would you be willing to deviate from that plan a little bit for the purpose of the Caravan? My thought would be if you were to take the 41 to the 198. Take the 198 to Visalia and meet up with us and we can Caravan to Fresno from there. Or if you were to take the 41 to the 198 then the 198 to the 43 just east of Hanford and take the 43 North to Selma and we can meet you in Selma. Hit me up 559.805.6568 and we could discuss.

Kevin_Morrison

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Worland Wyoming
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Morrison
Member #

Ya still learning this app lol, Pablo we can meet in Selma if you take the way Robby said let us know we will give you our #to coordinate

Robby

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Robert
Last Name
Gill
Member #

ok, so we have a plan. Spoke with @pabloquiros earlier on the phone and came up with meeting at Walmart in Selma around 10-10:30am. We will be on FRS CH13 for close comms and cell phone for more distant comms (DX). if anyone else is reading this and desires to meet up meet there and look for the sweetest rides in the parking lot (LOL)
our local group will be meeting up locally in Visalia around 9AM for Coffee before the tires meet the pavement.

Kevin_Morrison

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Worland Wyoming
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Morrison
Member #

ok, so we have a plan. Spoke with @pabloquiros earlier on the phone and came up with meeting at Walmart in Selma around 10-10:30am. We will be on FRS CH13 for close comms and cell phone for more distant comms (DX). if anyone else is reading this and desires to meet up meet there and look for the sweetest rides in the parking lot (LOL)
our local group will be meeting up locally in Visalia around 9AM for Coffee before the tires meet the pavement.
I'll be there I love it when a plan comes together,

ravenplague

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Santa Cruz, CA
Member #

hey the Norcal group will be on channel 7 and we will probably run into you guys around Prather for fuel.. give us a ring on the following
CB channel 16
HAM 146.460
FRS 7-462.7125