Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Hit Citrus a few times since May and was out in the Ocala forest a few weeks ago. Used to spend a lot of time out there but not in the past 5 years or so as so much of it has gotten shut down. We had a good time out there and saw some areas I had not been to before. Below is a video from a few weeks ago. Hard Rock can be fun but haven't been out there much the past few years either. Been going about once a year or so, much more and it's starts getting boring. Unfortunately we don't have a lot down here that offers much if any challenges but a good day trail riding is far better than nothing.

Cool Mark! thanks for the heads up I'll give it a look and see when the wifey and the boys want to go and explore a little. Got to agree with you on not a lot of stuff here to do but mudding and I'm really not into mudding but that's just me. I did get a job offer from my company or one of many lol to see how Las Vegas Nevada sounded like to go work up their, but the. They also mentioned South Carolina, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia. To many decision and a lot to think about so me and the wife and boys got to do research and see what we want to do and where to go. Lol

P.S. Couldn't see the video you posted it freezes.

MarkW

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Ocala is great if for not the more than getting out on the trails for the day. There are a few fun spots left. We always seem to find it on our wheeling trips but not into mudding either.

I am very ready to get out of FL, especially this time of year. If I was given those options by work I would highly consider the Carolinas or Virginia. Have done some wheeling in all three and have to say I would take their scenery over the beach any day for the week. VA and NC would be a hard choice with SC as my third option.

Try changing the resolution of the playback on the video. It was recorded and uploaded at 1080P but if bandwidth is at all an issue will need to play it back at a lower res.

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ocala is great if for not the more than getting out on the trails for the day. There are a few fun spots left. We always seem to find it on our wheeling trips but not into mudding either.

I am very ready to get out of FL, especially this time of year. If I was given those options by work I would highly consider the Carolinas or Virginia. Have done some wheeling in all three and have to say I would take their scenery over the beach any day for the week. VA and NC would be a hard choice with SC as my third option.

Try changing the resolution of the playback on the video. It was recorded and uploaded at 1080P but if bandwidth is at all an issue will need to play it back at a lower resolution.

Yes sir I'm just waiting and doing research on where we will end up. Lol. It's funny cause I use to live in Nashville TN and loved it up their with the four seasons, the snow, and just everything about TN. The only thing that sucked was that I didn't have the JKU in TN, I ended up getting it here in Florida and that's a good thing cause now I should be heading back up by this December or summer. So looking forward to that and hitting the trails up North.

Reactions: MarkW

MarkW

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Yes sir I'm just waiting and doing research on where we will end up. Lol. It's funny cause I use to live in Nashville TN and loved it up their with the four seasons, the snow, and just everything about TN. The only thing that sucked was that I didn't have the JKU in TN, I ended up getting it here in Florida and that's a good thing cause now I should be heading back up by this December or summer. So looking forward to that and hitting the trails up North.
Yeah, I have thought Knoxville could be a great place to locate. Big enough city but not too big with smaller towns close enough to live while working in town. Great location to get all over the southeast or further out.

MarkW

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

This is a '73 with a 302 / MSD-EFI I've had fun putting it together!
Very nice. My brother in-law just bought one he is rebuilding, think it's a '73 as well. I have a '74 Scout II Half Cab I need to get started working on.

Reactions: Jose

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Welcome SwimWill. I'm from Tavares Fl. But next year in May- June we will be moving back to Nashville TN.

Reactions: SwimWill

John Garner

Rank 0

Contributor I

3256 North Amherst Road, Avon Park, Florida 33825, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Garner
Member #

Bit further drive for you to hit Ocala or Citrus but not too far. Nice rig, what year?
This is a 1973… I have converted over to a 302/rollercam with a MSD/EFI. I am currently running 33's on it with disc/power brakes - I don't use it for serious crawling… Of course not now in Florida… But I enjoy it for my camping habit!

Brad A Kropp

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Jupiter, FL
Member #

Jumping into this thread; might start a new one to discuss a meet up.

Jupiter area here (North Palm Beach County) but willing to travel just about anywhere for a meet up.