Orlando

• HTML tutorial

MarkW

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

It's in Marion county near Ocala. Each year they put on an event there with several off road courses. It's normally two days but this year it's only one. $25 registration fee. Below are links to a couple of videos from last year's event.

Amartinez34

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Miami, Fl
Member #

Hello all. Miami here as well, but I'm up in the Orlando area quite a bit as well. I'm completely new to the scene, but have been wanting to get into it for a while. Want to teach my kids you can still have fun without a TV or tablet...

Reactions: Steve and Kaioken

Kaioken

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Jacksonville, FL, USA
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Casiano
Member #

Hello all. Miami here as well, but I'm up in the Orlando area quite a bit as well. I'm completely new to the scene, but have been wanting to get into it for a while. Want to teach my kids you can still have fun without a TV or tablet...
Nice! What's you have? I live in Davie. I drive my 99 Montero

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Amartinez34

Amartinez34

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Miami, Fl
Member #

Nice! What's you have? I live in Davie. I drive my 99 Montero

I used to drive an '02 LR Freelander. Thats how the itch started. Lol. Made it into a 80% camel trophy spec. Sadly I don't have it anymore. It was mostly sand, water, and everglades style trails for me tho. I now have a 2015 LR4. She's stock (for now) but amazingly capable. We just did a 2k mile journey up the east coast,then over to Asheville, NC, and back home. The LR4 was a total champ in the mountains... Really want to learn more tho! The kids had a blast this past trip. My son (4 years old) calls it the roller coaster car..

Kaioken

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Jacksonville, FL, USA
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Casiano
Member #

I used to drive an '02 LR Freelander. Thats how the itch started. Lol. Made it into a 80% camel trophy spec. Sadly I don't have it anymore. It was mostly sand, water, and everglades style trails for me tho. I now have a 2015 LR4. She's stock (for now) but amazingly capable. We just did a 2k mile journey up the east coast,then over to Asheville, NC, and back home. The LR4 was a total champ in the mountains... Really want to learn more tho! The kids had a blast this past trip. My son (4 years old) calls it the roller coaster car..
Nice! Mountains sure make it fun. I came from Northern California where Mike is from and the options are huge. Unfortunately I don't see any here in Florida so I am hoping to travel to Arkansas by end of year

Amartinez34

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Miami, Fl
Member #

Nice! Mountains sure make it fun. I came from Northern California where Mike is from and the options are huge. Unfortunately I don't see any here in Florida so I am hoping to travel to Arkansas by end of year

Now that sounds like an amazing roadtrip! I'm a born and bred Floridian so the idea of rock crawling up mountain passes is totally foreign to me. Make sure to post some pics. Are there any other sfla folks here? Would love to do a meet-up. I can never find any other people down here interested in trails. Or at least meeting up and sharing a story or two.

Kaioken

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Jacksonville, FL, USA
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Casiano
Member #

Now that sounds like an amazing roadtrip! I'm a born and bred Floridian so the idea of rock crawling up mountain passes is totally foreign to me. Make sure to post some pics. Are there any other sfla folks here? Would love to do a meet-up. I can never find any other people down here interested in trails. Or at least meeting up and sharing a story or two.
I have a contact from Instagram who is in Miami with his Lexus (FJZ80). He usually goes to Venezuela or out of state. Since I purchased my Montero from a farmer in horrible condition, I have been slowly spending time in its maintenance than anything else. In other words, I have yet to go out here in Florida. Im sure you may have seen my Monty and if not, be on the look out.!

IMG_9168 by Emmanuel (Jay) Casciano, on Flickr

Amartinez34

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Miami, Fl
Member #

I have a contact from Instagram who is in Miami with his Lexus (FJZ80). He usually goes to Venezuela or out of state. Since I purchased my Montero from a farmer in horrible condition, I have been slowly spending time in its maintenance than anything else. In other words, I have yet to go out here in Florida. Im sure you may have seen my Monty and if not, be on the look out.!

IMG_9168 by Emmanuel (Jay) Casciano, on Flickr
Love build stories... Any photos of the process? Going through the feed I saw a link on that importpower99 posted about Tamiami trail. How can we get approval for a meet up with SFLA for a sunday drive?

Kaioken

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Jacksonville, FL, USA
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Casiano
Member #

Love build stories... Any photos of the process? Going through the feed I saw a link on that importpower99 posted about Tamiami trail. How can we get approval for a meet up with SFLA for a sunday drive?
Not necessarily an approval but a setup would be good. I'm new here so I don't know enough. I'm wondering what this tamiami trail is

MarkW

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

If you guys ever want to head up to central FL we could do a camping/trail riding weekend up in Citrus or Ocala.

Reactions: Kaioken

MarkW

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Here are videos I did of the stock and modified courses this year at SOAR.

This is the stock course. Had an issue with either my DVR or the SD card in the beginning but it clears up.

Here is the modified course.

charlie

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hey I'm a new member and relatively new to the idea of overlanding. I've been trying to find good trails around the Ocala area but I can't really get any good information about campsites or trails. If you guys have any info I would really appreciate it.

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Hey guys what's up! I'm Jose here from Tavares, Fl close to Ocala. Has anyone been out exploring lately in the Ocala area or Central Florida in general?

Kaioken

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Jacksonville, FL, USA
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Casiano
Member #

Hey guys what's up! I'm Jose here from Tavares, Fl close to Ocala. Has anyone been out exploring lately in the Ocala area or Central Florida in general?
I have been to crum or croom once. Never to the hard rock which I'd love to go.

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

I've heard of croom from my friend in Miami when I use to live down their. Then in 2012 I moved to Nashville,TN for 3 years and now moved back to the Central Florida area in Tavares, Fl. The guys that I work with have also told me about Hard Rock but I haven't hit that area yet either lol. In April of this year I got my JKU-Rubicon and signed up for the Jeep Jamboree that will be happening in North Carolina at Uwharrie National forest so in really looking forward to doing that with the wife and my two boys.

importpower99

Rank 0

Traveler I

You have a lot of nice spots up there, Ocala is nice just beware of pin stripping. You have croom and the Citrus Wildlife area as well. I haven't been out since Feb but depending on what type of vehicle you drive you may find some local groups to run with. I know the Tacoma guys use that spot a lot.

MarkW

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Hit Citrus a few times since May and was out in the Ocala forest a few weeks ago. Used to spend a lot of time out there but not in the past 5 years or so as so much of it has gotten shut down. We had a good time out there and saw some areas I had not been to before. Below is a video from a few weeks ago. Hard Rock can be fun but haven't been out there much the past few years either. Been going about once a year or so, much more and it's starts getting boring. Unfortunately we don't have a lot down here that offers much if any challenges but a good day trail riding is far better than nothing.