Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Reno
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
MAY
Member #

Hopefully this is an ok thread for a report!

My girlfriend and I hit the Oregon Coast from Reno, NV this last weekend. Driving 500 miles into Thursday night ending up in Winchester Bay, OR.
What a beautiful fishing town with some amazing dunes for OHV's. My friend met us up there with his quads and we were able to get some riding in too.

We camped in the Sand Dunes which was an awesome experience - It was light out till about 930pm. Fog rolling in and within a 100 yards of the ocean, you can hear the waves crash all night.
It was my first trip with the RTT set up and I am over the moon happy with the results! Easy set up, sturdy platform and quick pick up. I really learned the benefit of not being on the ground when we had to pick up camp at 3am on Sunday due to rain and my buddy was picking up his ground tent off the dirty sand... I felt spoiled being able to close it up so quickly and without any mess.

I was also able to get a few recoveries in with my new traction boards, so that was a plus.

All in all - 1081 mile round trip in 4 days and my first trip repping OB was one for the books!61492236722__DE738FD2-96EB-4FF8-927B-0FAC7BB9A460.JPG61497193348__5C948231-9AD0-497B-BBAB-CF93D8E04CA1.JPGIMG_5578.JPGIMG_6861.jpgIMG_6906.jpgIMG_6922.jpgIMG_6923.jpgIMG_6935.jpg

CampingInMay

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Reno
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
MAY
Member #

There is a strip of land that's BLM in Coos Bay, I'd like to go spend a weekend out there. How much sand ended up in the rtt? haha
A little but nothing too bad with a little precaution. We would climb up the ladder and brush off our feet before getting into the tent.
When I got home I took the mattress out, dusted it off and swept the tent out.

Reactions: ChambersFamily