Launch Member

Member III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stickel
Member #

Which fridge do you have Stickel? I think you should easily get a full night on a 400W battery. My ARB ends up at about between 80 - 120Wh overnight with the fridge empty if I can believe battery % on the goal zero read out. BTW - An empty fridge does cycle on more.
My fridge is the Dometic CFX75. It was empty at the time though I wouldn't think it would cycle enough to kill the battery in a single night. I'm charging up the Flexopower now and I'll give it another test.

BrianP

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vancouver, BC
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Pratt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA7BKC
Have done my tests... My unit WILL NOT recharge via the 12 volt accessory receptacle in my 17 Tacoma. It will charge with 110/120 but not 12volt. I have contacted Flexopower and they told me to send it back and they will test the functions and send me a report. Vancouver, BC to North Carolina? Not likely without some help from them but they a e saying it's after 30 days so it's on me.

Anyone have any tips or tricks to get my unit to charge on 12 volt?

Last edited:

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

Have done my tests... My unit WILL NOT recharge via the 12 volt accessory receptacle in my 17 Tacoma. It will charge with 110/120 but not 12volt. I have contacted Flexopower and they told me to send it back and they will test the functions and send me a report. Vancouver, BC to North Carolina? Not likely without some help from them but they a e saying it's after 30 days so it's on me.

Anyone have any tips or tricks to get my unit the charge on 12 volt?

Have you tried another 12V plug in the receptacle to make sure it is working? You could also use a DVM to check to see if it is outputting 12V. I know on my Goal Zero the 12V receptacle was not compatible with the ARB 12V cable. Other 12V items worked, however. The receptacle was just a little too deep for the fridges cable.

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

BrianP, I reread your post. I see you cannot get it to charge via 12V. I was thinking you couldn't get the fridge running off it. I assume you checked the fuse in the Flexpower's 12V plug already. Maybe your cable is bad.

BrianP

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vancouver, BC
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Pratt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA7BKC
Have you tried another 12V plug in the receptacle to make sure it is working? You could also use a DVM to check to see if it is outputting 12V. I know on my Goal Zero the 12V receptacle was not compatible with the ARB 12V cable. Other 12V items worked, however. The receptacle was just a little too deep for the fridges cable.
I have tried the receptacle with other units. Also, the FlexoPower plug does light up but the charge doesn't exceed what I stared charging the unit. I am thinking of installing a constant 12 volt receptacle with thicker wire and see if that is the issue. (testing continues)

Thanks!!

Reactions: Brewbud

BrianP

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vancouver, BC
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Pratt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA7BKC
BrianP, I reread your post. I see you cannot get it to charge via 12V. I was thinking you couldn't get the fridge running off it. I assume you checked the fuse in the Flexpower's 12V plug already. Maybe your cable is bad.
I'll check that, but now that I've fully charged it with 110/120 it will be a few days until my next in vehicle test.

Thanks!!

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
I have tried the receptacle with other units. Also, the FlexoPower plug does light up but the charge doesn't exceed what I stared charging the unit. I am thinking of installing a constant 12 volt receptacle with thicker wire and see if that is the issue. (testing continues)

Thanks!!
Wait, are you going by the lights? in another words say you have 3 lights, you plug in 12v and charge 2 days and still only got 3 lights? is that it? if so, I bet it is the lights because my first unit had bad lights and flexo told me they had an issue on early units and sent me a replacement. So if going by the lights you might be charged up but the lights are not right.

jim

OutdoorsBen

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Western Massachusetts
Member #

My warning to others is the product is bad don’t buy it. First the LED lights were inaccurate and now it won’t charge at all. Not from any source I try. To make it worse Flexopower has ignored every attempt of communication.

Reactions: BrianP

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
My warning to others is the product is bad don’t buy it. First the LED lights were inaccurate and now it won’t charge at all. Not from any source I try. To make it worse Flexopower has ignored every attempt of communication.
Communication was rough, once I got a reply i just kept buggin that person with emails. The LED lights did work on my replacement unit, they did acknowledge they had light issues, but for me, even with bad lights, it worked perfect, but this is bad news when your having the same non charging issue as the previous person did......I would for sure buy another product.

Jim

BrianP

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vancouver, BC
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Pratt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA7BKC
Communication was rough, once I got a reply i just kept buggin that person with emails. The LED lights did work on my replacement unit, they did acknowledge they had light issues, but for me, even with bad lights, it worked perfect, but this is bad news when your having the same non charging issue as the previous person did......I would for sure buy another product.

Jim

Yes, I thought that too, but I'm not about to spend again, as Flexopower pulled up their 30 day money back return policy and basically said "tough luck buddy".

Brian

OutdoorsBen

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Western Massachusetts
Member #

Just an update when I said I reached out to their SA office I meant email. Last night I found a USA phone number for them and shocker when I dialed it I got routed to SA. The guy on the phone was pleasant and took my info and said he would get to the bottom of it and I would get a response. He seemed nice enough however we will see what happens. If anyone wants the number to actually talk to someone it’s (919) 234-7559

BrianP

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vancouver, BC
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Pratt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA7BKC
Just an update when I said I reached out to their SA office I meant email. Last night I found a USA phone number for them and shocker when I dialed it I got routed to SA. The guy on the phone was pleasant and took my info and said he would get to the bottom of it and I would get a response. He seemed nice enough however we will see what happens. If anyone wants the number to actually talk to someone it’s (919) 234-7559

Good Luck!!

OutdoorsBen

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Western Massachusetts
Member #

Within hours of talking to South Africa it looks like I have a resolution and will be taken care of. The South African service is amazing. More details to follow in the next few days.

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Within hours of talking to South Africa it looks like I have a resolution and will be taken care of. The South African service is amazing. More details to follow in the next few days.
Maybe you could mention that your part of a online community that has bought a few of these and many are having issues with USA support and they are getting bad reviews.....Maybe that will stir things up.

Jim

Reactions: Viking1204

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Yes, I thought that too, but I'm not about to spend again, as Flexopower pulled up their 30 day money back return policy and basically said "tough luck buddy".

Brian
When I said buy another product, that is as buy another brand........

Jim

Reactions: BrianP

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Mine worked flawlessly for a week camping with solar and my fridge ( I did charge it once driving).....

Jim