Ordered my Flexopower Lithium444

• HTML tutorial

OutdoorsBen

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Western Massachusetts
Member #

I am about 15 hours in powering a fridge and I am slightly over half use. I was expecting maybe 36hrs but that looks out of the question even in this controlled environment.

Reactions: Jim SoG

OutdoorsBen

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Western Massachusetts
Member #

It ended up being 28hrs on AC. Right now it's in the Jeep running off DC and so far seems to be using less juice. Time will tell. I'll probably test it this week more get some concrete numbers and start a separate thread regarding my results.

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
Great test. Are you opening and closing the chest? How much is inside?

It should last longer on 12 Vdc since the conversion to 120 Vac and back down entails some losses.

OutdoorsBen

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Western Massachusetts
Member #

Great test. Are you opening and closing the chest? How much is inside?

It should last longer on 12 Vdc since the conversion to 120 Vac and back down entails some losses.
The test for AC was in a controlled environment without opening it up. It is full of drinks that were chilled prior to the test.

Now that it’s in my Jeep it’s DC and still full however it gets used multiple times a day. It’s a more realistic DC test.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Well I think I might have just found a decent portable power solution without having to go through the hassle of installing a dual battery system in my truck. I like that this is portable too. I can take it away from camp into the woods and run a saw to cut wood or use other power tools to work on upgrading or repairing deer stands. Thanks all who have posted real world results using it, helps a lot when making a decision like this!

stickel

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stickel
Member #

Got mine yesterday, much lighter than I thought it would be. Looking forward to using it at Expo West next weekend.

The thing that's bothering me is the customer service. There is a lot of links from reviews out there pointing to products which are supposed to be on the US website and they aren't. I sent an email to them over a week ago asking about solar panels and other products. Haven't heard anything from them.

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
I think the replies are hit and miss, have waited over a week and have many in hours, what I do is once I got a persons email I keep replying to them....

Jim

OutdoorsBen

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Western Massachusetts
Member #

So with DC and the current New England spring I was easily into 3 days and got an E1 error on my fridge. E1 is low voltage cut off. I went to plug it in tonight to charge and there is plenty of juice so perhaps I need to go to AC after 3 days for my particular fridge as I don’t have a way to turn off the low voltage shutoff. I will run that test next.

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
So with DC and the current New England spring I was easily into 3 days and got an E1 error on my fridge. E1 is low voltage cut off. I went to plug it in tonight to charge and there is plenty of juice so perhaps I need to go to AC after 3 days for my particular fridge as I don’t have a way to turn off the low voltage shutoff. I will run that test next.
check if your fridge has different settings for cut off/on, like mine has a low, med, high where it cuts off at different voltages.

these fridges are made for AGM batteries and cut off earlier than we would need for Lithium, wish there was a way to change that.....

jim

Reactions: Viking1204

OutdoorsBen

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Western Massachusetts
Member #

check if your fridge has different settings for cut off/on, like mine has a low, med, high where it cuts off at different voltages.

these fridges are made for AGM batteries and cut off earlier than we would need for Lithium, wish there was a way to change that.....

jim
It does and I set it to low. Not a huge deal just a small inconvenience and extra step. Battery is all charged up and about to go back in for this next test.

Reactions: old_man

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
Being a test engineer, it is good to see some real world testing in a semi controlled manner instead of random posts with no control.

Reactions: Viking1204

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

jim
Goal Zero has a Buck/Boost adapter that regulates the output voltage to a constant 12V. The Lithium battery will then control when it shuts off. Kind of expensive at $40 though and it may need to be fitted with a connector compatible with your battery. It wouldn't be hard to make one if you have some experience with electronics.

Yeti Lithium 12V Regulated Cable Yeti Lithium 12V Regulated Cable

OutdoorsBen

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Western Massachusetts
Member #

I changed it up a bit. Test right now is plugged in via DC but I have the usb power input going so I can charge it while I am driving. I have about a 18 minute drive each way to work. So that’s at least 36 minutes of charging each day. Don’t think it will make a huge difference but it’s worth a test.

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Goal Zero has a Buck/Boost adapter that regulates the output voltage to a constant 12V. The Lithium battery will then control when it shuts off. Kind of expensive at $40 though and it may need to be fitted with a connector compatible with your battery. It wouldn't be hard to make one if you have some experience with electronics.

Yeti Lithium 12V Regulated Cable Yeti Lithium 12V Regulated Cable

This almost seems like a MUST HAVE deal, my test on DC lasted almost to the minute, 24 hours before the cooler shut off to save the battery and of course the battery is still showing full.....I dont mind the $40 bucks, just got to see if there is a anderson pole to something adapter I can get also....

Reactions: Brewbud

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

This almost seems like a MUST HAVE deal, my test on DC lasted almost to the minute, 24 hours before the cooler shut off to save the battery and of course the battery is still showing full.....I dont mind the $40 bucks, just got to see if there is a anderson pole to something adapter I can get also....
I have one for my Yeti and it works great. I have only had it a for a month or so though.

OutdoorsBen

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Western Massachusetts
Member #

I've got two bars left so it should make it through the night putting it at 48hrs with charging while I'm driving. I am going to try AC tomorrow after I get the low voltage cut off from the fridge. Curious to see how much longer I can go with that.

The one thing I've noticed is that a couple times the indicator status was incorrect. It happened on the 2nd test and it happened on this test. I got out to my Jeep checked the battery and it was showing 4 bars, I then started it and it showed 2 bars and it's accurate and staying at two bars now. Not sure how trustworthy that indicator is but we'll see.

Ultimately with in vehicle charging it looks like 48hrs is easy to accomplish in the spring in New England. I am curious to see it in the summer when it's hot and humid out. I'm thinking 24hrs will be hot and humid results.