Ordered my Flexopower Lithium444

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

BrianP

Rank I

Traveler I

Vancouver, BC
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Pratt
Member #

Ham Callsign
VA7BKC
The least they should do is send you a new one. So far my is working great I have only tested it at home so far but plan to take it out camping soon, once this summer heat in NW Florida finally breaks and we get some fall weather!
But have you tried to charge it with 12volts?

Lanlubber

Rank V

Traveler III

Mimbres, NM, USA
Member #

Ham Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Mine worked flawlessly for a week camping with solar and my fridge ( I did charge it once driving).....

Jim
Did it (your battery) need the charge or did the solar do it's job and not need assistance from your car generator ?

BrianP

Rank I

Traveler I

Vancouver, BC
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Pratt
Member #

Ham Callsign
VA7BKC
For clarity to your question, Do you mean has he tried to POWER the refer with a 12v system ?
To be clearer, did you charge the Flexopower battery unit off of your 12 volt car system? Mine will not charge off of my car battery.

Brian

Lanlubber

Rank V

Traveler III

Mimbres, NM, USA
Member #

Ham Callsign
To be clearer, did you charge the Flexopower battery unit off of your 12 volt car system? Mine will not charge off of my car battery.

Brian
My mistake, I was in the wrong conversation with that question, sorry, but you did clarify the question for me though..

Viking1204

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
S
Member #

Brian
Not yet, I will need to run it down some since I just charged with A/C to D/C charging adapter that came with it. Question, when you tried charging it with your car was your car running? A 12V batter won't just charge off another 12V battery, the car would have to be running getting higher voltage than 12V coming from the alternator.

Reactions: Lanlubber

OutdoorsBen

Rank IV

Advocate III

Western Massachusetts
Member #

Just a follow up, new unit arrived today. Can't say enough good things about South African service. USA service sucked. Can't quite speak to the longevity of the product, my first one went dead in 5months so let's see how this one fairs. My .02 to anyone with a problem is to try and reach the USA service but if you don't get an answer contact the South African service as they are significantly more helpful.

Reactions: Lanlubber

Lanlubber

Rank V

Traveler III

Mimbres, NM, USA
Member #

Ham Callsign
Just a follow up, new unit arrived today. Can't say enough good things about South African service. USA service sucked. Can't quite speak to the longevity of the product, my first one went dead in 5months so let's see how this one fairs. My .02 to anyone with a problem is to try and reach the USA service but if you don't get an answer contact the South African service as they are significantly more helpful.
Sorry you had a problem you shouldn't have had. USA service seems to have gone down hill more than it should. Personally I'm tired of getting people on the phone that only thinks they speak English. Just my .02 cents.

Reactions: Viking1204

BrianP

Rank I

Traveler I

Vancouver, BC
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Pratt
Member #

Ham Callsign
VA7BKC
Excellent!! I'll be calling them.

Brian

OutdoorsBen

Rank IV

Advocate III

Western Massachusetts
Member #

I can tell you that immediately the LED lights are not accurate. My fridge has been going for 24hrs. Shows full bars, out a charge to it and it moved to charging the 3rd bar. Seems like no one who owns one will get away from the fault led lights. As long as it allows me to charge it I am ok with it though.

Gustavo Amaral

Rank V

Enthusiast III

São Paulo, Brazil
Member #

Taking advantage of this thread, do any of you know if the Jakery Portable Power 240 () is reliable and delivers what it promises? I'm looking for a middle-range portable power station. Any brand recommendation?

Last edited: