Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
You would think all refrigerators would have the ability to turn that feature on or off. If you're not running your refrigerator off the starter battery then you should be able to turn the starter battery protection off. Guess that's something I'll have to consider before buying a portable refrigerator.

OutdoorsBen

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Western Massachusetts
Member #

I've been away for work but they never responded to my email, I'll have to call them. I will say so far customer service is a downer. Product still good except the indicator lights don't work. I've run so many tests I know when it should or shouldn't be low.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
I've been away for work but they never responded to my email, I'll have to call them. I will say so far customer service is a downer. Product still good except the indicator lights don't work. I've run so many tests I know when it should or shouldn't be low.
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully they've fixed that issue in newer models but I guess we'll see once I get mine.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
My Flexopower pack will be here today, it's on the UPS truck ready to go out for delivery today at my local UPS depot!

Reactions: Brewbud

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Did you call their USA office or the oversea's office? Still no response.
Mine wasn't a return, mine is a new purchase directly from their website. Anyways, it arrived today in good shape. I don't have my portable refrigerator yet so won't be able to test it for a while. Probably need to get those cables mentioned in earlier posts too.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Tell you what, talk about a small little package for a remote power source. I know you can get larger ah output from a do it yourself setup but I didn't think I would need that. My only concern when camping was power to run my fridge and then power to charge phones and maybe provide some lighting. In addition I have a small easy to transport portable power source that can go with me and run a drill or a saw at a remote location, something a do it yourself setup isn't going to be able to do. I'm sure now that I have it I'll find other uses for it too.

Baughb

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Henderson, NV, USA
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Salcedo
The Goal Zero combiner cable has the wrong size dc barrel connectors that come with it. Rather than cutting it up, I went to Powerwerx, bought some 2, 5mm x 2.1mm barrel to bare wire, then "Y'd" them together so that they would integrate into the Goal Zero constant voltage cable and that will go to my fridge (CFX50)...when it gets here....backordered......sigh..

Powerwerx is addicting, and I'm probably just gonna buy a crimper or two that I currently do not have, some wire stock and a butt-load of connectors... Making useful cables in air conditioned comfort... priceless

Reactions: dstock

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

The Goal Zero combiner cable has the wrong size dc barrel connectors that come with it. Rather than cutting it up, I went to Powerwerx, bought some 2, 5mm x 2.1mm barrel to bare wire, then "Y'd" them together so that they would integrate into the Goal Zero constant voltage cable and that will go to my fridge (CFX50)...when it gets here....backordered......sigh..

Powerwerx is addicting, and I'm probably just gonna buy a crimper or two that I currently do not have, some wire stock and a butt-load of connectors... Making useful cables in air conditioned comfort... priceless
I agree about Powerx addiction. I bought a bunch of connectors and a crimping tool from them. It has been so handy having them. I am trying to keep myself from going back and rewiring things I did 10 years ago.

FYI - my Goal Zero 12V regulated cable has Anderson input and both a 12V cigarette style receptacle and Anderson connector for the output. Also the ARB fridge cigarette lighter cord does work with the 12V regulated cable. Unlike the12V receptacle on the Goal Zero battery which it doesn't work with.

Reactions: Baughb

BrianP

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vancouver, BC
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Pratt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA7BKC
Got mine today and tested it on my coffee grinder... Works like a charm. Now to test it on my Dometic 45l fridge starting tomorrow. :-D

Reactions: Brewbud

stickel

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stickel
Member #

Checked the Goal Zero site today and the regulator cables are back in stock. I ended up grabbing one (little over $50 with shipping) and a CigBuddy off Amazon (leaving on a trip soon and wasn't sure PowerWerx would get it to me in time). Going to try plugging the CigBuddy into the battery then the regulator cable into the CigBuddy, and use the 12v power cable for the fridge.

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

Checked the Goal Zero site today and the regulator cables are back in stock. I ended up grabbing one (little over $50 with shipping) and a CigBuddy off Amazon (leaving on a trip soon and wasn't sure PowerWerx would get it to me in time). Going to try plugging the CigBuddy into the battery then the regulator cable into the CigBuddy, and use the 12v power cable for the fridge.
I checked out that Cigbuddy. Looks like a nice adapter to add to my growing inventory of adapters. Never know when I might need a second Anderson output

Reactions: stickel

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Thanks for the reminder, just ordered my Goal Zero Regulated cable from REI for $40, added a walking stick that was on sale to get it over $50 so shipping was free. Then went to Amazon and ordered the CigBuddy!

Reactions: stickel

stickel

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stickel
Member #

Nice. Got the regulator cable in the mail today. It plugged right into the CigBuddy and I'm going to do a test run today in my a/c controlled house. Depending on how that goes, I'll recharge the battery tomorrow and do another test in my non-air conditioned garage.

Reactions: Viking1204

stickel

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stickel
Member #

Le sigh. Battery pack didn't even last the night inside my house. I'm starting to think I have the same misleading charge indicator as @Jim SoG :cry: Pressed the battery indicator and it showed full lights. Plugged the battery into the wall and it started showing full lights again, only to switch to one blinking light. Glad I ordered everything I did at Powerwerx last night, can't stand having an unreliable power source. :rage:

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Le sigh. Battery pack didn't even last the night inside my house. I'm starting to think I have the same misleading charge indicator as @Jim SoG :cry: Pressed the battery indicator and it showed full lights. Plugged the battery into the wall and it started showing full lights again, only to switch to one blinking light. Glad I ordered everything I did at Powerwerx last night, can't stand having an unreliable power source. :rage:
Had you used the Flexopower any since before you plugged the fridge in? What did you get from Powerwerx that you think will help things if you already had the regulated cable and CigBuddy?

stickel

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stickel
Member #

Had you used the Flexopower any since before you plugged the fridge in? What did you get from Powerwerx that you think will help things if you already had the regulated cable and CigBuddy?
I charged my phone a couple of times. It's mostly been sitting doing nothing. The indicators showed as full power before I plugged my fridge in yesterday.

My Powerwerx order includes things to set up constant power in the back of my rig from the secondary battery with connections to charge the Flexopower and run the fridge (and some USB plugs too).

Reactions: Viking1204

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
I started this thread today to open a discussion on the Flexopower setup with questions. I'm about to start experimenting with mine to see what I can and can't do with it.

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

Which fridge do you have Stickel? I think you should easily get a full night on a 400W battery. My ARB ends up at about between 80 - 120Wh overnight with the fridge empty if I can believe battery % on the goal zero read out. BTW - An empty fridge does cycle on more.