Resolved Order Placed 8th December No Updates?

• HTML tutorial

Overland Adventure NZ

Rank III

Traveler III

Taupo, Waikato, New Zealand
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Goodman
Member #

Hi All
I placed an order on the 8th of December and it shows that I will received updates on shipping etc.

I have sent a number of emails and no response!

Then I joined OB One annual subscription via the Overland Bound web shop last night and when trying to activate membership, my Apple Pay took a annual subscription also! So I now have 43439 and 43441 member numbers and I don’t understand why this has happened.
Then when trying to reversed say Apple Pay subscription, Apple Pay took a second payment so I’ve paid now three times for one membership. How do I fix this and why no response to any emails for the past month I understand it’s Christmas I understand you’re busy but it’s very frustrating not understanding what’s going on not having any replies.
Yes, might not make a note percent sense, but I’m trying to live life for the severe brain injury.

I hope I get a response from this post.

Overland Adventure NZ

Rank III

Traveler III

First Name
Peter
Last Name
Goodman
Member #

So update from my end.

Apple have refunded my 2nd payment overnight.

So it’s now just one payment to OB for membership and one Apple payment for OBO membership!

Still waiting for an update on my order back on the 8.12.22 (yes that’s 8th of December)?

Feeling the overland love that I have missed since my first North Africa overland trip in 1993.

Merry Christmas to you all.

Reactions: zgfiredude

Chris Arnesen

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Hillsboro, OR
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Arnesen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KU7PDX
I was trying to figure out the Premium app membership too and ended up buying a reoccurring membership via the OB Store.

Afterward, the app (on both Android and iOS) still had the "Upgrade" option so I reached out to Michael to ask about that and he had me test the Premium options on the app and they do work properly without prompting me to upgrade.

Michael also confirmed there is only one membership, so if you have a membership from the OB Store, it is what is needed for all the app options.

Hopefully you can get one of those others refunded as a duplicate.

• Love
Reactions: Michael

Overland Adventure NZ

Rank III

Traveler III

First Name
Peter
Last Name
Goodman
Member #

I was trying to figure out the Premium app membership too and ended up buying a reoccurring membership via the OB Store.

Afterward, the app (on both Android and iOS) still had the "Upgrade" option so I reached out to Michael to ask about that and he had me test the Premium options on the app and they do work properly without prompting me to upgrade.

Michael also confirmed there is only one membership, so if you have a membership from the OB Store, it is what is needed for all the app options.

Hopefully you can get one of those others refunded as a duplicate.
I somehow have a OB membership number 43439 and an OBO membership number of 43441?

I just don’t understand why I have not had any response from the online order for some products dating back to the 8th of December this year?

The online status is will email you once we ship!

It’s feeling like all my emails went into a black hole!

I’m glad I have only now paid twice and not three times.

It’s Christmas morning here. Sun is out birds are singing and it’s going to be 24°C.

Christmas, at the top of the world is sweet .

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
I somehow have a OB membership number 43439 and an OBO membership number of 43441?

I just don’t understand why I have not had any response from the online order for some products dating back to the 8th of December this year?

It’s Christmas morning here. Sun is out birds are singing and it’s going to be 24°C.

Hi Peter!

Merry Christmas!

It looks like every email was in spam and we are pulling them out now. Corrie, Dave, and Megan do a great job on the support tickets. I'm glad we found the mystery!

We will correct the account issues and you will get an email soon. So we don't get wires crossed, let's do this through the support email you receive from Corrie in a few minutes.

We only have one membership product. If you are subscribed, you have full access. As a note - Apple is a black box to us. We have no control. If you feel apple has taken a payment when thy should not have, you'll need to take that up with Apple, unfortunately. We also cannot refund Apple payments. That's just how that works. It's not unique to OLB, that is how all apps work. It can be frustrating I know.

Corrie is reaching out to discuss the resolution of the issue and pick the right course of action.

Overland Adventure NZ

Rank III

Traveler III

First Name
Peter
Last Name
Goodman
Member #

Hi Peter!

Merry Christmas!

It looks like every email was in spam and we are pulling them out now. Corrie, Dave, and Megan do a great job on the support tickets. I'm glad we found the mystery!

We will correct the account issues and you will get an email soon. So we don't get wires crossed, let's do this through the support email you receive from Corrie in a few minutes.

We only have one membership product. If you are subscribed, you have full access. As a note - Apple is a black box to us. We have no control. If you feel apple has taken a payment when thy should not have, you'll need to take that up with Apple, unfortunately. We also cannot refund Apple payments. That's just how that works. It's not unique to OLB, that is how all apps work. It can be frustrating I know.

Corrie is reaching out to discuss the resolution of the issue and pick the right course of action.
Hi Michael, and team
Thank you for going to the trouble to find the mystery,
Yes I have got a reply from Corrie and once you all have finished with Christmas in any other stat holidays you celebrate in the USA?

Today it’s Boxing day downunder in New Zealand.
Yesterday on Christmas Day it was 24°C and only snow was at the far end of Lake Taupo on top of the mountains.

I’m sure you’ll fix it all for me. I just got frustrated with having no replies and no updates.

Also doesn’t not help having a severe traumatic brain injury, because if I don’t knows about what’s happening, I start thinking the worst some days.

I’m so glad to have worked in tourism overseas in Europe, North Africa in Scandinavia for so many years, caring many tourists around and getting paid to drive Overland vehicles.

No, I can discover my own country in my custom-built micro Overlander.

Thanks and keep up your great videos .

• Love
Reactions: Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
OK lets see what is up.

Jim
Yup - lets keep this open until resolved fully. I believe the Member number needs to be updated to 43439 and that is it. Subscription is active in our store. The only reason I am not doing that - is because we have a CS ticket in progress and when I mess with things folks get all confused on our end :)

M

Overland Adventure NZ

Rank III

Traveler III

First Name
Peter
Last Name
Goodman
Member #

OK lets see what is up.

Jim
Yup - lets keep this open until resolved fully. I believe the Member number needs to be updated to 43439 and that is it. Subscription is active in our store. The only reason I am not doing that - is because we have a CS ticket in progress and when I mess with things folks get all confused on our end :)

M
Hi M & Jim

I have tried and tired to sign out and in via the activate link and I still cannot achieve reactivation in the old OBO number?

I thank it’s beyond my brain damage to abilities so I have no idea what I’ve done wrong and how to fix it now?

Kiwi Pete.NZ