US West Orange County, CA Monthly Meet-up

• HTML tutorial

Trick3d

Rank 0

Traveler I

CA
New to the forum, looking to learn a bit about this community. I was in Pismo this past weekend so I missed the Nov meet, but I'm subbed for the next one.

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
New to the forum, looking to learn a bit about this community. I was in Pismo this past weekend so I missed the Nov meet, but I'm subbed for the next one.
We're not much different from any other. We just happen to live in Orange County. That being said, most of us are OB members and we flow between meet-ups in Socal. Some will go to San Diego, LA or Long Beach one weekend and go to the San Fernando Valley or Inland Empire the next. It's not like belonging to a club, it's just a place to meet other members, talk rigs, get ideas, and make plans.

All are welcome to all Overland Bound meet-ups.

Reactions: Terry Pickens

Scott Hamilton

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Yorba Linda, CA, USA
Member #

We're not much different from any other. We just happen to live in Orange County. That being said, most of us are OB members and we flow between meet-ups in Socal. Some will go to San Diego, LA or Long Beach one weekend and go to the San Fernando Valley or Inland Empire the next. It's not like belonging to a club, it's just a place to meet other members, talk rigs, get ideas, and make plans.

All are welcome to all Overland Bound meet-ups.
I just joined. Where can I find info on where OC meet up is?

Reactions: T-88

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
Sorry for the late reply. I’m on the road. Next meetup is Dec 1st at steelhead coffee in Laguna Hills. If you scroll back a page or so on this thread you’ll see a picture/logo with all the details and address. Hope to see you out there!

JandAOffRoad

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Yorba Linda, CA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Petsche
Member #

Scott-

I wanted to make sure you saw my post regarding an OC meetup on Saturday, Dec 8th in Yorba Linda (8am-10am) at Starbucks, Village Center Dr. I know you are prior military and this is meet up is promoting OB First Responders (active or retired). As you and I have discussed, there are a lot of first responder OB guys/gals out there and we both agreed it would be cool to set up a meet up with other First Responders, so I put out the post. Looking forward to seeing you on the 1st in Laguna Niguel and again on the 8th in Yorba Linda.

Spread the word brother!

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
Just secured this for the OC Rigs and Coffee meetup in Laguna Hills. This is a class given by a local instructor and veteran military medic, still active in his training and techniques.
At this "Stop the Bleeding" clinic He will cover:
  • Pressure Dressing
  • Wound Packing
  • Use of Tourniquets
This a free class as he is volunteering his time to show folks what do in an emergency to stop the bleeding and get to help. Hope to se you there!

Plan on seeing more of these as I line up knowledgeable people to give these intro classes at OB Meetups (OC Rigs n Coffee).

8am @ Steelhead coffee
23382 Mill Creek Dr, Laguna Hills, CA 92653

Jacob Silberfarb

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Scott-

I wanted to make sure you saw my post regarding an OC meetup on Saturday, Dec 8th in Yorba Linda (8am-10am) at Starbucks, Village Center Dr. I know you are prior military and this is meet up is promoting OB First Responders (active or retired). As you and I have discussed, there are a lot of first responder OB guys/gals out there and we both agreed it would be cool to set up a meet up with other First Responders, so I put out the post. Looking forward to seeing you on the 1st in Laguna Niguel and again on the 8th in Yorba Linda.

Spread the word brother!
Link? Awesome in my city

Reactions: JandAOffRoad

JandAOffRoad

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Yorba Linda, CA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Petsche
Member #

Jacob Silberfarb

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

TRED LYT

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Sherman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZPJ
Just secured this for the OC Rigs and Coffee meetup in Laguna Hills. This is a class given by a local instructor and veteran military medic, still active in his training and techniques.
At this "Stop the Bleeding" clinic He will cover:
  • Pressure Dressing
  • Wound Packing
  • Use of Tourniquets
This a free class as he is volunteering his time to show folks what do in an emergency to stop the bleeding and get to help. Hope to se you there!

Plan on seeing more of these as I line up knowledgeable people to give these intro classes at OB Meetups (OC Rigs n Coffee).

8am @ Steelhead coffee
23382 Mill Creek Dr, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
Great idea Frank! You da man!! Looking forward to see you guys in the morn!

9Mike2

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Garden Grove, California
Member #

Any chance to join at last minute would like to see and meet new fellow overlanders
Anybody is welcome to come see and talk to us, there was a good turn-out this weekend. The first aid group was great, learn some new stuff, and a thought, guys and gals check your first aid kits, you may not have stuff that will work on a young child....

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
I’m in Orange County. When is the next planned trip? I can’t figure out how to find that information on this app.
Hey Scott, I haven't planned anything yet, I know from the last meet up some guys took off to Anza today. We'll be planning a run after the holidays. If anyone else is got a run planned, please chime in.
Typically the best place to look is Rally Point and the Facebook page for OB West.

Next OB Orange County Meetup is on January 5th, we just had our December meetup on the 1st.

I post all my runs in Rally Point, I open to ideas if someone has a destination they would love to hit. Oh, I almost forgot, check the Inland Empire and Riverside groups, we all have to go east to hit trails anyway so it's good to see if they're doing any runs you can jump in on.

Let me know if I can help, cheers.

Reactions: Scott Hamilton

JandAOffRoad

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Yorba Linda, CA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Petsche
Member #

Hey Scott, I haven't planned anything yet, I know from the last meet up some guys took off to Anza today. We'll be planning a run after the holidays. If anyone else is got a run planned, please chime in.
Typically the best place to look is Rally Point and the Facebook page for OB West.

Next OB Orange County Meetup is on January 5th, we just had our December meetup on the 1st.

I post all my runs in Rally Point, I open to ideas if someone has a destination they would love to hit. Oh, I almost forgot, check the Inland Empire and Riverside groups, we all have to go east to hit trails anyway so it's good to see if they're doing any runs you can jump in on.

Let me know if I can help, cheers.
Scott-

I just joined the CAL4WHEEL organization and they have a variety of local clubs within the South District, which have lots of rally’s and events they participate in.

This is a membership organization for both CAL4WHEEL (I think $45 a year) and local club dues (if you choose to join one) that run between $25-$45 a year.

I am looking at the club in Orange and Huntington Beach. They each meet once Night a month and have at least one to two rally’s a month, plus CAL4WHEEL has their events and rally’s.

Check them out!

Reactions: Scott Hamilton

08canyon4x4

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hello All!!
I recently joined OB and I'm glad that I found the Orange County group. I live in San Clemente and I'm always looking for friends to hit the trails with. Also, I would love to meet/chat with members who have experience on the Mojave Road. I want to cross it this winter/spring and I am eager to learn from those with experience. I'm also looking for members that would like to put a group trip together as I don't have friends with capable rigs. I'm looking forward to meeting you on the 5th !!

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
Hello All!!
I recently joined OB and I'm glad that I found the Orange County group. I live in San Clemente and I'm always looking for friends to hit the trails with. Also, I would love to meet/chat with members who have experience on the Mojave Road. I want to cross it this winter/spring and I am eager to learn from those with experience. I'm also looking for members that would like to put a group trip together as I don't have friends with capable rigs. I'm looking forward to meeting you on the 5th !!
Awesome! Welcome! Looking forward to meeting you as well. We’ll be meeting on the 5th as you know, we’ll also be doing a very intro session on HAM radio there as well. You’ll meet some great folks there for sure.

I did the Mojave back in Feb. i wrote a story about it if you’d like to read how it went for us.
https://lic2roam.com/mojave-road-147-miles-of-history/

Look forward to meeting you and have a happy holidays!