Launch Member

Contributor I

MISSION VIEJO CA
First Name
Tipu
Last Name
Chauhdary
Member #

Thank you 9Mike2. I presume the meeting calendar is under "event calendar". For some reason I don't have access to it as of yet. I've sent an email to info@overlandbond and hope to figure it out soon. I'll look forward to meeting you and others in the near future.

9Mike2

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Garden Grove, California
Member #

Thank you 9Mike2. I presume the meeting calendar is under "event calendar". For some reason I don't have access to it as of yet. I've sent an email to info@overlandbond and hope to figure it out soon. I'll look forward to meeting you and others in the near future.
You can also join the OB West Facebook page, Frank is one of the Mods, good guy, To keep up on local news and trips we plan , you see him here as Fankroams....

Reactions: FrankRoams

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
Hello Folks, just joined the community today. I live in SoCal and would love to join in the next meet-up and meet local members. Is it already planned? Perhaps was already announced. If so, my apologies - new here and not sure how to sift through all of the information as of yet.

Btw the fires, I could see the recent one in the saddlebacks from my porch. Very unfortunate, but glad under control and over now.
Welcome to the community! We do a meet up the first Saturday of the month! We have a pretty great turn out, so it's a great place to meet folks, make some plans, and talk rigs over a cup of coffee! Let me know if you have any questions or anyone else here. As you can see it's a good group and everyone is super helpful.
Location: Steelhead Coffee, 23382 Mill Creek Dr, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
When: Saturday, September 1st.

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
Hey folks, just wanted to drop this little PSA in here. Most of us in OB OC are moving to ham radio for comms, it's not required by any means but it is what I use on my trail runs and I highly recommend everyone test for at least technician class license. The benefits are huge, especially in emergency or natural disaster both out in wild and in your communities.

Next testing session in OC is 09/15/18 and is hosted by South Orange Amateur Radio Association (SOARA).
Here is the link with full details: https://www.soara.org/education/technician-ham-radio-class/

It's just under a month out which is plenty of time to read the book and get some studying in. The test is easy, but you're pretty much guaranteed to pass with a little effort in reading the book, it's a very fast read.

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
Hello. I'm Brandon from Lake Forest. New to OB but not to the outdoor world. Looking to meet others and link up on the trails. I'll be following this thread more.

Cleghorn looking over Silverwoood Lake 2015
View attachment 66125 View attachment 66125
Welcome, Brandon! Our next meetup is on Saturday Sept 1. Details are a couple posts up.

Reactions: David S

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Hello. I'm Brandon from Lake Forest. New to OB but not to the outdoor world. Looking to meet others and link up on the trails. I'll be following this thread more.

Cleghorn looking over Silverwoood Lake 2015
View attachment 66125 View attachment 66125
Hello Brandon...love the XJ on the snow. Hope to see it in person on the 1st. I will bring mine but only be there for a short while...drop in, get coffee and say my hellos.

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Hey folks, just wanted to drop this little PSA in here. Most of us in OB OC are moving to ham radio for comms, it's not required by any means but it is what I use on my trail runs and I highly recommend everyone test for at least technician class license. The benefits are huge, especially in emergency or natural disaster both out in wild and in your communities.

Next testing session in OC is 09/15/18 and is hosted by South Orange Amateur Radio Association (SOARA).
Here is the link with full details: https://www.soara.org/education/technician-ham-radio-class/

It's just under a month out which is plenty of time to read the book and get some studying in. The test is easy, but you're pretty much guaranteed to pass with a little effort in reading the book, it's a very fast read.
Did you take the General yet?

BBOY777

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lake Forest, CA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Brandon...love the XJ on the snow. Hope to see it in person on the 1st. I will bring mine but only be there for a short while...drop in, get coffee and say my hellos.

Hey Steve, thanks... another XJ nice, i'll check my Calendar. I'm on #2 jeep lol... here is a pic of my first XJ with a great shot in the snow (mine is the gray one on the right) Big Bear in Big Pine Flats, camped 2 nights in that snow :-)

11.jpg the right)

TRED LYT

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Sherman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZPJ
Morning at the OC Rigs n Coffee meet upIMG_3647.JPG

Afternoon and night time, a beautiful climb up the back side to Sugarloaf Mountain.....not a soul in sight. What a nice night! Super heavy gravel and rock road, made our teeth chatter....until I remembered to use my new ARB air down tool and lowered the pressure down from 41psi to 30. What a difference that made. I always thought it was BS because suspension was supposed to do the work. Not so much! I’m a reformed man after that. A friend said to take them down to 22psi, but I kept thinking I don’t want the tires to fall off the rims. 30 made all the difference in the World!IMG_3652.JPG

Attachments

Morning at the OC Rigs n Coffee meet upView attachment 67156

Afternoon and night time, a beautiful climb up the back side to Sugarloaf Mountain.....not a soul in sight. What a nice night! Super heavy gravel and rock road, made our teeth chatter....until I remembered to use my new ARB air down tool and lowered the pressure down from 41psi to 30. What a difference that made. I always thought it was BS because suspension was supposed to do the work. Not so much! I’m a reformed man after that. A friend said to take them down to 22psi, but I kept thinking I don’t want the tires to fall off the rims. 30 made all the difference in the World!View attachment 67158
Sorry I missed it. I was swamped with work. Looked like a great meet up.

Reactions: FrankRoams