Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Sherman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZPJ
Awesome! Welcome to overland bound! We meet on the first Saturday of the month in Laguna Hills. Great little coffee shop and restrooms and plenty of parking!

Congrats on the new truck! Post some pictures when you get it! There’s little people here love more than talking trucks and mods! Lol.

Reach out if you have any questions. Your surrounded by a great and very active community.

Welcome and open to see you soon!
Frank OB# 4234
I’m fairly new to the club myself and live in Laguna Canyon. Sounds like I shouldn’t miss the Laguna Hills meet up so I can get to know some of the people here locally in our community. I haven’t figured out how to navigate my way around this site yet, so can you share which coffee shop and the time?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD

TRED LYT

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Sherman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZPJ
Thanks! I'll try to get by for a cuppa.
Cheers, Rich

TRED LYT

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Sherman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZPJ
Great event today guys. Got a chance to meet some brothers with similar interests and I’m happy to know there are more of us out there in OC than I expected. I learned a few cool thing, met some really nice peeps, had 2 cups of killer coffee, what more does a guy need on a Saturday morn?! To who ever started this group, hats off to you! See you on the first Saturday of September!! Hope to have some new stuff bolted on by then.

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
Great event today guys. Got a chance to meet some brothers with similar interests and I’m happy to know there are more of us out there in OC than I expected. I learned a few cool thing, met some really nice peeps, had 2 cups of killer coffee, what more does a guy need on a Saturday morn?! To who ever started this group, hats off to you! See you on the first Saturday of September!! Hope to have some new stuff bolted on by then.

Thanks Outlander! Music to my ears and precisely why the OC meetup was started. To get to know your local community, meet some people, make some plans, outfit and explore!

Cheers and thanks for coming out!

JandAOffRoad

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Yorba Linda, CA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Petsche
Member #

Attended my first meetup today and glad I did. Some great rigs and ideas out there. I took lots of notes on my phone, shared some pics, met some cool peeps and made $550 because I sold my Tonneau cover to another Tacoma owner. Borrowed some tools from a helping hand, AJ, and installed the Tonneau cover onto the new owner's truck. Took 20 mins! Not a bad day...Of course the $550 I made selling the Tonneau cover, just got spent on all the ideas I got from attending the meetup!! hahaha

Life is too short and I intend to enjoy this OB journey. Looking forward to the next meetup.

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
Attended my first meetup today and glad I did. Some great rigs and ideas out there. I took lots of notes on my phone, shared some pics, met some cool peeps and made $550 because I sold my Tonneau cover to another Tacoma owner. Borrowed some tools from a helping hand, AJ, and installed the Tonneau cover onto the new owner's truck. Took 20 mins! Not a bad day...Of course the $550 I made selling the Tonneau cover, just got spent on all the ideas I got from attending the meetup!! hahaha

Life is too short and I intend to enjoy this OB journey. Looking forward to the next meetup.
Ha ha ha Thant is pretty freaking awesome. Way-to-go! Welcome! We’ll see you at the next one!

Reactions: JandAOffRoad

David S

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Los Angeles
Member #

Nice meeting you, Glad my blades were up to the task [emoji23][emoji1303]

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
Damn, We had to miss this one! Frank , did you get the OK to keep coming back to the Steelhead Coffee shop place?
No worries! Yep, we are good to keep coming back. So we'll be there next month.

Reactions: 9Mike2

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
Frank, how you doing with the fires?
I am ok, but I know others are affected. I just Shared a Google Sheet so people can ask for help if they need help moving items or temporary placement for pets.
It's on the OB-West Facebook Group. @Michael, any way to do something like this in the forum? This seems to be the new way of life in CA and would be cool to have a way to mobilize the community.

Reactions: 9Mike2

Fernweh4x4

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

MISSION VIEJO CA
First Name
Tipu
Last Name
Chauhdary
Member #

Hello Folks, just joined the community today. I live in SoCal and would love to join in the next meet-up and meet local members. Is it already planned? Perhaps was already announced. If so, my apologies - new here and not sure how to sift through all of the information as of yet.

Btw the fires, I could see the recent one in the saddlebacks from my porch. Very unfortunate, but glad under control and over now.

Reactions: David S and 9Mike2

9Mike2

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Garden Grove, California
Member #

Hello Folks, just joined the community today. I live in SoCal and would love to join in the next meet-up and meet local members. Is it already planned? Perhaps was already announced. If so, my apologies - new here and not sure how to sift through all of the information as of yet.

Btw the fires, I could see the recent one in the saddlebacks from my porch. Very unfortunate, but glad under control and over now.
Welcome Fernweh4x4, The next meet is near you, come on down and see and meet some of us off road loving fans....check out the Meeting calendar for directions and times. If you have friends who like getting out there bring them too, you don't have to be a member come along...