US West Orange County, CA Monthly Meet-up

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

Andrew Lopez

Rank I

Traveler I

Riverside, CA 92508, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Lopez
Member #

Awesome! Welcome! Looking forward to meeting you as well. We’ll be meeting on the 5th as you know, we’ll also be doing a very intro session on HAM radio there as well. You’ll meet some great folks there for sure.

I did the Mojave back in Feb. i wrote a story about it if you’d like to read how it went for us.
https://lic2roam.com/mojave-road-147-miles-of-history/

Look forward to meeting you and have a happy holidays!
Great story.

Reactions: T-88 and FrankRoams

FrankRoams

US West Region Member Rep

Advocate I

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham Callsign
K6TRD
Rally point has been updated as well as the events tab on OB - West facebook for 2019 OC Meetup schedule. Next one is Saturday, January 5th, we'll have a ham radio intro that day at 9am!

Rally Point Link

Details:
Time: 8am - 9am
Location: Steelhead Coffee, 23382 Mill Creek Dr, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
MAP

Have a great holiday and Happy New Year! See you there in January!

FrankRoams

Advocate I

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham Callsign
K6TRD
Keep us posted of any Orange County meet ups that might happen, please
The OB Meetup in OC is the first Saturday of the month. I know many are going to the 2019 Adventure Expo and vehicle show. It’s in San Juan Capistrano this Saturday. Myself included. I also heard there is a local (not OB related) meetup happening at the Toyota dealer in RSM. Not sure on the hours though but I do know it’s also Saturday am.

The next monthly OB meetup (April 6th) will feature a map reading class. Understanding maps and all the important details of a map, how that information relates to a compass, finding your location on a map, giving a grid position, and more.
Digital maps are great and we all use them. But it’s good to have a skill set that is not reliant on power or gps. I also think it will make your digital map experience better. Going to be a great class! See you there.

96Runr

Rank I

Contributor I

Yorba Linda, CA, USA
Member #

Fresh fish-off the boat-green new member in OC... what is 10-20 of map reading class just in case I’m not going out that weekend? Thanks in advance
Wayne

FrankRoams

Advocate I

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham Callsign
K6TRD
Fresh fish-off the boat-green new member in OC... what is 10-20 of map reading class just in case I’m not going out that weekend? Thanks in advance
Wayne
Hey Wayne, welcome to the group! Not sure what you mean by 10-20. LMK. Always great to meet new members!

FrankRoams

Advocate I

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham Callsign
K6TRD
Are the meet ups always at the same location?
Yes sir, first Saturday of Month in Laguna Hills, CA at Steelhead Coffee from 8am - 11am. We tried moving it around but it causes way too much confusion. Consistency has lead to significant growth of the meetup.

96Runr

Rank I

Contributor I

Yorba Linda, CA, USA
Member #

Does anyone have info on a general page for OC Overland Bound? Thinking is going out weekend of 5/10 to Barstow/Black Mountain range- check out cool stuff, nothing overly hard - old miners cabin/“Tonka Town”/Petroglyphs/“Military crash site etc. Thanks in advance F0EAFAA5-34AE-46DC-9534-D320CB7BD3F6.jpeg

Reactions: 9Mike2