Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Riverside, CA 92508, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Lopez
Member #

Awesome! Welcome! Looking forward to meeting you as well. We’ll be meeting on the 5th as you know, we’ll also be doing a very intro session on HAM radio there as well. You’ll meet some great folks there for sure.

I did the Mojave back in Feb. i wrote a story about it if you’d like to read how it went for us.
https://lic2roam.com/mojave-road-147-miles-of-history/

Look forward to meeting you and have a happy holidays!
Great story.

Reactions: T-88 and FrankRoams

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
Rally point has been updated as well as the events tab on OB - West facebook for 2019 OC Meetup schedule. Next one is Saturday, January 5th, we'll have a ham radio intro that day at 9am!

Rally Point Link

Details:
Time: 8am - 9am
Location: Steelhead Coffee, 23382 Mill Creek Dr, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
MAP

Have a great holiday and Happy New Year! See you there in January!

Karrettadventures17

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Cypress, CA, USA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Metzger
Member #

Who's up for a big bear run next weekend? I live in cypress and am thinking of going Saturday. There are a few people going already. The more the merrier.

Reactions: FrankRoams

andyneff26

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Orange County, CA
Member #

Monthly Official OC meetup thread. First Saturday of the month unless there is a special event/run that month.

Please also look for events nearby that you can participate in of dates don't match up for you. There are Inland Empire and Coachella Valley meet-ups as well.

Keep us posted of any Orange County meet ups that might happen, please

Reactions: Chi and T-88

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
Keep us posted of any Orange County meet ups that might happen, please
The OB Meetup in OC is the first Saturday of the month. I know many are going to the 2019 Adventure Expo and vehicle show. It’s in San Juan Capistrano this Saturday. Myself included. I also heard there is a local (not OB related) meetup happening at the Toyota dealer in RSM. Not sure on the hours though but I do know it’s also Saturday am.

The next monthly OB meetup (April 6th) will feature a map reading class. Understanding maps and all the important details of a map, how that information relates to a compass, finding your location on a map, giving a grid position, and more.
Digital maps are great and we all use them. But it’s good to have a skill set that is not reliant on power or gps. I also think it will make your digital map experience better. Going to be a great class! See you there.

96Runr

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Yorba Linda, CA, USA
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Lenz
Member #

Fresh fish-off the boat-green new member in OC... what is 10-20 of map reading class just in case I’m not going out that weekend? Thanks in advance
Wayne

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
Fresh fish-off the boat-green new member in OC... what is 10-20 of map reading class just in case I’m not going out that weekend? Thanks in advance
Wayne
Hey Wayne, welcome to the group! Not sure what you mean by 10-20. LMK. Always great to meet new members!

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
Are the meet ups always at the same location?
Yes sir, first Saturday of Month in Laguna Hills, CA at Steelhead Coffee from 8am - 11am. We tried moving it around but it causes way too much confusion. Consistency has lead to significant growth of the meetup.

96Runr

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Yorba Linda, CA, USA
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Lenz
Member #

Does anyone have info on a general page for OC Overland Bound? Thinking is going out weekend of 5/10 to Barstow/Black Mountain range- check out cool stuff, nothing overly hard - old miners cabin/“Tonka Town”/Petroglyphs/“Military crash site etc. Thanks in advance F0EAFAA5-34AE-46DC-9534-D320CB7BD3F6.jpeg

Reactions: 9Mike2