Old mines, ghost towns, etc......

• HTML tutorial

9Mike2

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Garden Grove, California
Member #

Also High pressure fronts and Low pressure fronts can make air flow the wrong way even if there are air shafts.... Also be-careful of the water you step in as sometimes releases toxic gas from the mud under the water, and you will have little time do any thing about it...

Reactions: 64Trvlr

Rexplorer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Lake Country, BC, Canada
Member #

trikebubble... you're pretty close to me. ever been around beaverdell? some really cool mines there. and a fire tower too. the minefile site really help with location and status, i'm sure you've seen it before. hit me up if you want someone to eat your dust.

Xplorer48

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Bellingham, WA
Member #

Love to explore old mining sites and ghost towns. We have camped next to cemeteries and inside ghost towns. We do respect and honor these hard working folk. There was a notebook at one in Nevada listing the manner in which they died. Fascinating. Photo is at Coolidge in Montana.C2FBC740-66DE-46E9-88EF-5C53ACF83F74.jpeg

Remington_PRO4X

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Verona, WI
Member #

It's been quite a few years since I've been out west, but checking out spooky old ghost towns. It's crazy to imagine how recently some of these places were booming!

Faded_80

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Seattle
Member #

Most of Washington state has been settled in one way or another by miners and loggers. I also go and hunt these mines out and follow overgrown mining roads up in the cascades near Seattle. The real problem is how fast nature reclaims these areas, as a lot of the mines were in operation til the 60s. Many have their locations listed on the diggings.com or on usfs maps as 'Y' shaped marker. If you wanna see some, dm me and I'll give you coordinates.

First shot is me in front of an old flooded silver mile a week ago, second is my 80 in an old gold panning camp. 07B3F88750C33655868152CDCA61AE27.jpg IMG_20171005_161748.jpg

Last edited:

ArmyofMike

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

fresno, ca
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YFE
Some mine, cave, mining images from Death Valley, CA

Reward Mine:

My JKU wouldn't fit...sadface

Batboy

Offshoot out of the main Reward Mine tunnel

My fat butt in the tunnel:

Trail Wonky

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Bellingham WA
Member #

Most of Washington state has been settled in one way or another by miners and loggers. I also go and hunt these mines out and follow overgrown mining roads up in the cascades near Seattle. The real problem is how fast nature reclaims these areas, as a lot of the mines were in operation til the 60s. Many have their locations listed on the diggings.com or on usfs maps as 'Y' shaped marker. If you wanna see some, dm me and I'll give you coordinates.

First shot is me in front of an old flooded silver mile a week ago, second is my 80 in an old gold panning camp.

Hey thanks for the tip on thediggings.com very cool. I look forward to using it. [emoji482]

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Logan Johnson