Oklahoma overlanders where ya at?

• HTML tutorial

Hirvy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Jones OK
Member #

This Saturday. I'll see if I can find a better link. And I went to the first one with my ZR2 and another with his Jeep. @Helipilot2 you'll fit in more than we were since you have a Toyota but it was really cool. Lots of Cruisers of all series and 4runners and tacos and old Toyota trucks.
I'm having a heck of a time sharing the links on the mobile app, so here's a Facebook screen shot. Just look for cruiser corps on Facebook and should find it. Screenshot_20190820-211323.jpeg

Reactions: OkieOverlander

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
There is an 80 series in Tulsa right now for 2500. Its got some trail damage and 300k, but still at 2500 I would sport that over a 4 wheeler or SXS on some trails. Unfortunately I dont have the means to get it at the moment.
Happens all the time for me. Awesome LRD2 for sale in the forum for only $2500 as well, just needs a brake job. It's in Kentucky close to you.

OkieOverlander

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Noble, Oklahoma
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Kirby
Member #

There is an 80 series in Tulsa right now for 2500. Its got some trail damage and 300k, but still at 2500 I would sport that over a 4 wheeler or SXS on some trails. Unfortunately I dont have the means to get it at the moment.
I picked mine up for around $4500 with 240k but it’s was taken care of really well. I’ve done a few mods to since I got it in March.

Reactions: Bouncer

Bouncer

Rank IV

Advocate II

Wagoner County, Oklahoma
First Name
Buddy
Last Name
NLN
Service Branch
Resigned EMT-B
I picked mine up for around $4500 with 240k but it’s was taken care of really well. I’ve done a few mods to since I got it in March.
I posted about one that slipped through my fingers a few years ago, it was an 80 series with under 200K, super clean, safari snorkel, new KO2s, and OME lift I could have gotten it around 3800ish IIRC. But I wasnt ready to part with my ZJ yet... Ohh the decisions we regret. I think when I do go LC I am going to do a 100 series instead of 80. I am getting a little older and like a nicer ride(willing to sacrifice a solid axle), kids and wife always make me pull and haul stuff so V8 is nice for that and highway speeds. I have found that once or twice a year a LX470 will pop up that was someones grandmas or grandpas with around 100k on the clock for 10k or less. I have also seen a couple GX470 (LC Prado) going for under 7k lately with around 150K. So I may go fancy and gut the ARS when it fails and swap to OME kit. Time will tell when it gets down to it I will probably wind up with something else I dont really want but just kinda fell into my lap, as seems to happen kinda often to me.

Hirvy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Jones OK
Member #

@Bouncer For me personally the 100 and 200 series are just too big. I'd go with a GX for the V8. Heck i'm pushing the wife to go with a GX after she decides she's done with her 2012 Explorer but who knows when that'll be. She used to have a 4Runner with the v8 and absolutely loved it vs this Explorer that she's only recently decided she's ok with even though she's had since new. Also have a link or anything for that 80 for sale in tulsa?

@OkieOverlander I'll be going to the Cruisers and Coffee thing with another guy that got an 80 series around the same time you did.

Bouncer

Rank IV

Advocate II

Wagoner County, Oklahoma
First Name
Buddy
Last Name
NLN
Service Branch
Resigned EMT-B
@Bouncer Also have a link or anything for that 80 for sale in tulsa?

Its at a shady place on 11th street called hitech motors LLC, sometimes they have gems, usually its all just junk.

Hirvy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Jones OK
Member #

Its at a shady place on 11th street called hitech motors LLC, sometimes they have gems, usually its all just junk.
I feel like that 80 might have been a boat in the ocean at one point. That's not worth the time to even try to fix up. Rusty parts vehicle maybe.

Bouncer

Rank IV

Advocate II

Wagoner County, Oklahoma
First Name
Buddy
Last Name
NLN
Service Branch
Resigned EMT-B
@Hirvy where are you at in Jones? I have some family that lives out there down the road from the PD. They are into loud bikes and lowriders LOL. They use to own my dream car an 85 Monte Carlo SS.

Hirvy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Jones OK
Member #

@Hirvy where are you at in Jones? I have some family that lives out there down the road from the PD. They are into loud bikes and lowriders LOL. They use to own my dream car an 85 Monte Carlo SS.
Technically it's just my mailbox in Jones. I'm at the south end of lake Arcadia and Edmond/OKC postal service doesn't run on that side of the road so Jones it is. I'd have to say an 85 Monte Carlo SS would be up there for me without a doubt.

OKT4RCPL

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Chandler Oklahoma
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5DVC
Hello Strangers good to see all that chat going on ...seems like I missed cruiser and coffee yet again. I have started working at Offroad Addiction and with full time student I don't seem to have time for anything anymore. Anyone gearing up for Rendezvous in the Ozarks? Thought I would throw a post out here and try to be included LOL

r_horner

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Guthrie, Logan County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Horner
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Strangers good to see all that chat going on ...seems like I missed cruiser and coffee yet again. I have started working at Offroad Addiction and with full time student I don't seem to have time for anything anymore. Anyone gearing up for Rendezvous in the Ozarks? Thought I would throw a post out here and try to be included LOL
Man I haven’t been around either. Can’t wait for the Rendezvous! @OKT4RCPL discounts? Lol. @Hirvy you still plan on making it?

Reactions: Bouncer