Oklahoma overlanders where ya at?

• HTML tutorial

Vandy

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Okc
I was just going to ask if this was still going on. Wasn't sure with the weather I'll be there with my 6 year old. I held off on putting my 4runner in the body shop until Monday for this (she got backed into on sunday)

Bouncer

Rank IV

Advocate II

Wagoner County, Oklahoma
First Name
Buddy
Last Name
NLN
Service Branch
Resigned EMT-B
New guy from Wagoner here rocking a (dead) 98 V8 ZJ, but the crank shaft position sensor went out a few months ago and just have not built up to courage to get to it yet. Do most wheeling in Eufaula area on weekends as time, weather, funds, and family permit. Relatively new to overhanding and drive what I wheel, so slow and steady are usually how I roll.

Bouncer

Rank IV

Advocate II

Wagoner County, Oklahoma
First Name
Buddy
Last Name
NLN
Service Branch
Resigned EMT-B
20171006_175547.jpg 20180203_150245.jpg
Current ZJ and new to me XJ. traded a 30-30 for the xj a week ago. Its a 93 with 2xx,xxx miles. Its down in Porum Ok, I havnt even driven it yet. I can tell you that those are brand new trailer tires all the way around, it runs sluggish, and has electrical issues. if worse comes to worse part it out/scrap it and buy a new 30-30 LOL.

OKT4RCPL

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Chandler Oklahoma
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5DVC
Welcome @Bouncer great place you live beautiful country that way.
Wife and I still plan on attending tomorrow. We will watch the weather coming in from Chandler not sure how far everyone else will be driving.

soonersfan

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oklahoma City, OK
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
McIntosh
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5LTZ
Meet up ideas?

In the month of March, 3/24 is the only Saturday I’ll be in town. However, I should not be the limiting factor. Anyone who is willing can organize the date and location for this one.

My concern with that date is Spring Break. I don’t even know if anyone will have kids out that week or be out that week. If the date works or even if we go with a different date, I’m willing to go scout Draper Lake for a spot where we can park our rigs and hang out. At the very least, we should be able to cook and tailgate. Hopefully a campfire will be permitted as well.

If you’ve got alternative dates or ideas, please post them up. If you want to organize one of these, just say the word.

Reactions: Sam Beeson

soonersfan

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oklahoma City, OK
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
McIntosh
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5LTZ
Hollywood Corners would be another good spot for a get together this spring. Plenty of room for parking, good food, and live music most nights too.
I agree. I actually like that better than the lake if they have room

OKT4RCPL

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Chandler Oklahoma
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5DVC
We have a wedding March 24 so we are out that date. On another note
Rendezvous in the Ozarks 2018 is OCT 19-21 in Byrd's and there will be a fall-fly in at the grass air strip.

soonersfan

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oklahoma City, OK
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
McIntosh
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5LTZ
If you guys aren’t opposed, I’m thinking we meet up every other month at the most and quarterly might even be best. Let’s maybe look at doing something in April or May

OKT4RCPL

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Chandler Oklahoma
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5DVC
That sounds even better. St Patrick's day is a HOLIDAY at my house and the wedding March 24 we have to go to I like the idea of quarterly meet ups. Monthly meets can become a hassle for some, but hey if someone wants to plan a trail ride or trip to a park let us know. Just not March 17 or 24 thanks :tearsofjoy:

soonersfan

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oklahoma City, OK
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
McIntosh
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5LTZ
So, I shared with you all that we are putting together an organized event in Arkansas. The dates are June 6-10. We'll be based out of Byrd's Adventure Center with your first and last night there and the two nights in the middle on the trail. If you'd prefer to stay at the off-road park, we'll have that option as well. More details to come and you will be able to sign up in April. Spots will be limited but I will keep you posted on when you can sign up. In the meantime, I just wanted you to know dates in case you plan to attend.

Reactions: Vandy and OKT4RCPL

BigJake460

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Lassen County, Ca.
Member #

Hey y'all, just wanted to pop in and say hey! I'm from the far northern California area, but spent a few years in the okc area. My girlfriend is born and raised there and we make trips back there yearly...may end up moving back there soon. Cool to see quite a few members out that way, as I had a hard time finding places to go while I was out there on my own. Anyhow, just wanted to say hi, have a great one!