OKT4RCPL

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Chandler Oklahoma
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5DVC
Im up for whatever Noon or 630 what does the group want ? ....Also second Saturday of every month is a Rigs and Coffee meet in Tulsa OK Owasso really. If you go to member map its posted .

Last edited:
Reactions: soonersfan

soonersfan

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oklahoma City, OK
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
McIntosh
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5LTZ
Im up for whatever Noon or 630 what does the group want ? ....Also second Tuesday of every month is a Rigs and Coffee meet in Tulsa OK Owasso really. If you go to member map its posted .
Ok, who else is in? Feb 10, 6:30 at Rudy’s in Norman. I say if 2 more commit, we make it official and roll with it.

Walter

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Katie Okla.
Member #

Ok, who else is in? Feb 10, 6:30 at Rudy’s in Norman. I say if 2 more commit, we make it official and roll with it.
That will work for me. I'm in Garvin Co. near Paul's Valley and will be in Del City that morning for a club meeting of the International Scout and truck club that normally starts at 10:00 am. I will just plan on making a day of it and go to this meeting on my way home.

soonersfan

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oklahoma City, OK
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
McIntosh
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5LTZ
That makes 4 of us. That’s a pretty good start I think. I’ll see you all a week from Saturday. I’m organizing an event in April I think you all will be interested in too. I’ll share the details with you at Rudy’s.

Reactions: 4.0LitersToFreedom

soonersfan

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oklahoma City, OK
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
McIntosh
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5LTZ
Reactions: 4.0LitersToFreedom

Vandy

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Okc
So idk if I've said anything in this thread or not but i heard about this mythical meet coming up thru facespace. I'm in sw okc I'm sure I'll be there if it happens.

soonersfan

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oklahoma City, OK
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
McIntosh
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5LTZ
Looks like we're up to 9 with 4 maybes. That is pretty darn good. Im looking for to meeting everyone there.

SamGramWK05

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Newcastle, Oklahoma
Member #

I’m coming. I’ll be bringing my son along too. I tried to rsvp but it wouldn’t let me from my phone. Thanks for setting this up guys!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

OKT4RCPL

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Chandler Oklahoma
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5DVC
Should we make reservations for this ? Not sure how busy Saturday night will be? Its gonna be cold with a chance of snow

Last edited:

4.0LitersToFreedom

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oklahoma City, Ok
Member #

Should we make reservations for this ? Not sure how busy Saturday night will be? Its gonna cold
I've never eaten at Rudys, I don't know if the dinner rush will be a big deal or not. It will be cold outside, so it may be worth calling ahead and reserving a table inside. I don't mind calling them ahead, probably on Friday when we have a better idea on headcount.

OKT4RCPL

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Chandler Oklahoma
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5DVC
Upcoming event might be worth checking out and something to talk over this Saturday.
EVENT DETAILS
NATURAL STATE OVERLAND BONFIRE RENDEZVOUS 2018

This is an informal spring Rendezvous. Everyone will need to organize their own group (maybe each overland related FB group could organize a group or groups?). Each group then would plan their own route through the ozarks with a schedule that would put all groups meeting at yet to be disclosed campground near Cass, AR.that can accommodate a large group on Saturday, April 28th. No special activities are planned other than a large bonfire for everyone to enjoy and get to know each other better and camp together for a night. If you have ideas for other informal activities please post them (dutch oven cooking contest, rig walk arounds, campfire stories, campfire jam session, small raffle with each group bringing a raffle item?) Also if your group has room for more post up if you're willing to share the experience with some new folks.

soonersfan

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oklahoma City, OK
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
McIntosh
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5LTZ
I will give them a call. Rudy's is cafeteria style. You walk through a line and order your food. You pay at the end of the line and they hand your food to you on a tray. The dining room is a bunch of long picnic style tables and it's big. I've never seen the place crowded.

I will be out of town during the Natural State Bonfire but I highly recommend that event to anyone thinking about it. I love that area. It's an easy drive and it's beautiful. Natural State did a good job on their first event and I would only expect them to keep getting better. I'm organizing another kind of trip in that area as well that I will hopefully have details to share with you all on Saturday.

OKT4RCPL

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Chandler Oklahoma
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5DVC
@soonersfan I agree we went to the first event and it was a great time and plan on going to this and the one in October. Looking forward to hearing about the trip you are putting together.

soonersfan

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oklahoma City, OK
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
McIntosh
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5LTZ
I know some of you have a ways to drive and who knows what the weather will be like. My name and number are on the rally point page. Feel free to call or text me anytime. If it looks like the roads are going to be icy, I will post an event cancellation here and there. If anyone has concerns, please post them as well. We can always reschedule if it looks like there will be problems on the roads.