Oklahoma Adventure Trail

• HTML tutorial

Sapper Kev

Rank 0

Traveler I

yeah i've heard that too , i haven't been on the k-trail in awhile , been playing on the purgatory road lately out west of minco i think it's county road 1182 ? just heard that the county had done some work to it i guess to many people have been driving on it , it was fun while it lasted lol , i plan to make a trip out to the k-trail sometime this spring or early summer .

So i was just out there on county roads 1180 and 1170 and it looks like the county is maintaining the roads pretty good. Im sure it washes out after a good rain but it was pretty smooth sailing today unfortunately. Was hoping to get into some fun stuff!

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

Definitely want to follow this thread. Pretty close to home so I would be very interested in doing this. It doesn't have to be technical or rock crawling to be a great trip. Just some cool rigs, some cool people and some beautiful country. Dang I'm starting to sound like a 70's hippie. lol. You all know what I mean.

W5ADH

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Blanchard, OK
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Hailey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W5ADH
I think I'm definitely going to look at doing some of this trail this summer. Are there camping areas anywhere along the trail?

Mark Steele

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Guys, anybdody ever actually documented how to drive this Trail? I see lots of interest posts, but no posts about anybody who's ever actually driven it. ?

Okierover

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Newcastle, OK, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Stephens
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Guys, anybdody ever actually documented how to drive this Trail? I see lots of interest posts, but no posts about anybody who's ever actually driven it. ?
How? You can do it in parts, whatever. I have personally done the Osage leg and know people who have done nearly the whole trail. If you want to go out just post your desire, maybe others will join you.

Reactions: Oklamopar

W5ADH

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Blanchard, OK
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Hailey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W5ADH
A buddy and I are (hopefully) going to take a 4-5 day trip and try to do the whole thing in the spring

KDC

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lawton, OK
Member #

been doing some research and checking this route out on maps. think me and a few friends might plan a trip here soon

Helipilot2

Rank 0

Contributor I

Oklahoma City
First Name
Cameron
Last Name
Woody
Oops that should have been Cameron, it's my guess you were military so you are used to it.
All good, not military but I am a first responder, medi flight, so everyone calls me Woody, been that way since High School lol. Keep this post updated if you hear anything please, I work 7/7 so would love to get in on this.

Helipilot2

Rank 0

Contributor I

Oklahoma City
First Name
Cameron
Last Name
Woody
Anyone know how to access a map with all the details? I went to the original post, downloaded Garmin Basecamp, clicked the link and it still won't open. Tells me I need to install an app.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Reactions: Helipilot2

Helipilot2

Rank 0

Contributor I

Oklahoma City
First Name
Cameron
Last Name
Woody
Who has run the eastern portion of the OAT? Looking at planning a trip and picking it up at Salina and running to I-35 just north of Ardmore and then headed home to OKC. Figured the wife and I would drive to NE Tulsa the night she got off and get a hotel, wake up on a Tuesday morning and head off from there. Figuring at least 2 days with a good amount of driving if not 3 days. Was figuring day 1 try and make it to Hochatown State Park for night 1 of camping. Wake up and go from there.