Launch Member

Contributor III

Kelowna, BC, Canada
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Pearey
Member #

Hey Pearfish! Sounds good! My wife and I are planning a week on Van Island this summer as well. Looking to do some beach camping.

Lee,
Have you got any spots in mind or a route planned? I have seen footage of Side Bay online and that's a place I want to try. Looking for other suggestions too. Something over Tofino way and Campbell River or Telegraph Cove for Whale Watching trips.

Wayne

Lee Johnson

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Kelowna, Regional District of Central Okanagan, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE7LEJ
Lee,
Have you got any spots in mind or a route planned? I have seen footage of Side Bay online and that's a place I want to try. Looking for other suggestions too. Something over Tofino way and Campbell River or Telegraph Cove for Whale Watching trips.

Wayne
We are looking at a circle route from Sydney down to Victoria, up to Port Renfrew, back roads to Lake Cowichan. From there, backroads to Port Alberni then down to Bamfield/Pachena Beach maybe? Or else straight over to Tofino/Ucluelet. May see if we can find some backroads up the Clayoquot Arm.

We are pretty flexible. My wife is an ocean girl, so we are looking for any place we can setup our rooftop tent right on the beach or right next to the beach.

john casson

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Danville CA
Member #

We are looking at a circle route from Sydney down to Victoria, up to Port Renfrew, back roads to Lake Cowichan. From there, backroads to Port Alberni then down to Bamfield/Pachena Beach maybe? Or else straight over to Tofino/Ucluelet. May see if we can find some backroads up the Clayoquot Arm.

We are pretty flexible. My wife is an ocean girl, so we are looking for any place we can setup our rooftop tent right on the beach or right next to the beach.
Following, looking for the same in July. Heading up from California. Planning 3 nights on the island then south to Olympic.

Reactions: Lee Johnson

Frosty110

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Kelowna, BC
First Name
Tom
Last Name
O'Connor
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA7ATI
Wanted to dust off this thread and say Hi - I'm new to OB, been in Kelowna about 13 years so far and run up and down the valley in a bright orange Crosstrek. Life is busy, but slowly trying to get out there more often than not. Good to see a handful of us representing this great area :sunglasses: Anyone doing coffee and chat these days....?

Reactions: 4wheelspulling

Lee Johnson

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Kelowna, Regional District of Central Okanagan, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE7LEJ
Wanted to dust off this thread and say Hi - I'm new to OB, been in Kelowna about 13 years so far and run up and down the valley in a bright orange Crosstrek. Life is busy, but slowly trying to get out there more often than not. Good to see a handful of us representing this great area :sunglasses: Anyone doing coffee and chat these days....?

Always interested in talking with other OB/Overland/4x4 folks!

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

A couple of hours away in Nakusp, but I'm often in the Okanagan.

We have that bright orange thing too.

DSC_0025.jpeg

Reactions: 4wheelspulling

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Here’s my Overland vehicle, that has taken me 3 years to get it to this point. I named this rig “Red Baron”. Diesel motor and lockers in both axles and much more. Setup to run on veggie oil or Diesel. Would be nice to setup an Okanagan Valley group run this Summer! Vance.
6EEDBC5E-D353-4880-BA63-FA9507C7154A.jpeg

Bueller

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vernon, BC
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Buell
Member #

I’m in Vernon! More into exploring for good camp spots than rock gardens and deep mud. Here is my rig - #Ferristhejeep - I move the tent from my trailer to the Jeep depending on type of trip and if it’s just me and the dog or the whole family! Would be up to having a meet up to chat about Overlanding !

Attachments

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

Here’s my Overland vehicle, that has taken me 3 years to get it to this point. I named this rig “Red Baron”. Diesel motor and lockers in both axles and much more. Setup to run on veggie oil or Diesel. Would be nice to setup an Okanagan Valley group run this Summer! Vance.
View attachment 156695
I'm impressed with the front plate location....
From the Arrow Lakes

This is my camper
Hope to get out and about more this summer.

IMG_0816.jpeg

Attachments