Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vernon, BC
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Buell
Member #

Are you planning to go to the Overland Rally next year? Or the NW rally?

Brost

Rank I

Contributor III

Kelowna
Kelowna. Any links or suggestions for multi day trips through out the Okanagan Valley or more less starting there? Have found a few through Wikiloc, just moved here so I guess I’ll find a back roads maps and put some routes together..

trikebubble

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Penticton, BC
Member #

Kelowna. Any links or suggestions for multi day trips through out the Okanagan Valley or more less st
I did a weekended last year, started at Rock Creek went up the Christian Valley for a ways, stayed the night at a nice lake behind Big White, then found the 201 and followed it all the way back to Okanagan Falls. We've also found some nice trails up behind Peachland, camped at Macdonald Lake (which is beautiful) .

We also did a 3 day trip into the Kootenays on back roads last year. Found some old roads from Midway to Grand Forks, then drove the Old Cascade Hwy from Christina Lake to Rossland. Not technical at all, but beautiful, and you get to re-trace the original highway before Hwy# was put in.

Last edited:

vicali

Rank IV

Advocate II

Kamloops, replaced the 2005 with a 2017 in October, trying to get it sorted and ready for the summer..

Reactions: Brost

Brost

Rank I

Contributor III

Kelowna
Thinking of going for a winter camp.

Route:
-Down the 6 past cherryville.
-Turn right to follow the Kettle River to along the Christian Valley Road to possibly try to camp arb Kettle Canyon. Comes out at WestBridge
- can I take conkle river to Kelly river to venner meadows to sheddlworth Road. Take that into Kaledon.
-over to Hedley and up the nickel plate road, try to check out French mine and camp some where.
-continue along through apex mountain to shingle creek road to Kettle Valley Steam Railway into Summerland and hit the highway home.

Any suggestions along this route would be appreciated if you have done in January? Or alternate routes. Looking to do a 2night loop camping trip from Kelowna to break in the new RTT.

CgnJeep

Rank 0

Traveler I

Kelowna here, just found this forum and joined up a few minutes ago. My wife and I have done most of our overlanding in the US and Rockies but are excited to discover more of the Okanagan this upcoming summer.

Reactions: Rexplorer and Brost

SNO-RNR

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Kelowna, BC, Canada
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Pearey
Member #

Hi,
Guys should hopefully be moving to Kelowna in may. Just purchased a rig (work in progress). Planning a trip around Vancouver Island for the summer then West coast of US to Baja next summer. Would be great to meet some members and do some local or further afield trips once we arrive.

Reactions: Rexplorer