Rank II

Enthusiast I

West Mansfield, Ohio, USA
First Name
Cameron
Last Name
Chamberlain
Member #

New to the forum and found the Ohio Roll Call so I figured I'd chime in!

Cameron here from Indian Lake by Mad River Mountain.

Just getting into the whole community of overlanding and I'm quite impressed with what I'm seeing already with the passion everyone has for it!

May be new to discovering overlanding but I'm no stranger to the outdoors!
Anyways, here's my little taco [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: surfersammy11

iliketac05

Rank II

Enthusiast I

First Name
Cameron
Last Name
Chamberlain
Member #

Chime in, Ohio members. Let us know where you are, and where you're from.

I'm Steve, and I live a ways west of Cleveland. I grew up in west-central Ohio, on my grandfather's farm near Bellefontaine. Deb and I are retired, and now empty-nesters during the school year. We used to car-camp, but those frequent trips to the can during the night made this less than fun for Deb, so we mostly base our explorations out of motels. We're considering some sort of mobile sleeping option in the future.
Logan county is my stomping grounds Steve!
People say it sucks but this will forever be my home no matter where I go in life [emoji18]

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Logan county is my stomping grounds Steve!
Welcome aboard!

Other than southeast Ohio in the foothills of Appalachia, the area east and south of Bellefontaine is some of the only terrain in Ohio that isn't pan flat. It was a great place to learn to drive, especially as I had sporty cars. And hiking was nice when you could still walk across a farmer's land just by asking.

I spent many a summer at Indian Lake. My grandfather had a cabin every year at O'Conners' Landing, my aunt had a cabin near Cranberry, and the amusement park was still open when I was a kid. Now my mother has a lakefront home beside that church retreat just past Dream Bridge. I have a *lot* of great memories from the area!

iliketac05

Rank II

Enthusiast I

First Name
Cameron
Last Name
Chamberlain
Member #

It's been a great place to grow up.
My buddies grandfather was the one who developed all the land back there by cranberry.

If your ever in the area get ahold of me and we can meet up and grab some food and share some stories.

Reactions: Steve

Nic Webb

Rank 0

Traveler I

What up everyone! My name is sam and I'm in Columbus, Ohio. Any meet ups planned?

I'm always up for meeting up, however I do not know of any outings planned. Chillicothe is a pretty popular area to trail ride. I have a couple leads on spots but I am not sure how passable they are in moderately equipped overland rigs.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Reactions: surfersammy11

OhioJeff

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Akron,Ohio
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8LJW
And that's where I came from, with my '08 OBXT and '02 WRX Wagon.
The WRX Wagon must have been great. I ultimately decided I would outgrow its off-road capabilities too soon so I went straight to the T4R. By the way, have you installed your PrinSu yet?

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

have you installed your PrinSu yet?
Ummmm, no... Waiting for the Medina guys from the Ohio 4Runners FB Group to get things organized so we can do three at once.

The WRX Wagon was fantastic, but not for off road. I had it mildly prepped for autocross, so it had trouble with some driveways. The OBXT was lifted and had skid plates, but the turbo not kicking in at low RPMs and high gearing of the manual made it not so great for crawling. I still loved both of them, though!

OhioJeff

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Akron,Ohio
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8LJW
Ummmm, no... Waiting for the Medina guys from the Ohio 4Runners FB Group
I've been following your build thread and looking forward to your review and thoughts. I'm still trying to decide between the PrinSu or Gobi.