Cincinnati, OH, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Childs
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Thanks…sorry for the late reply. I’m in the mark Twain national forest right now. Just got here this afternoon.

OVRLANDnoob

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Cincinnati, OH, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Childs
Member #

Service Branch
Army
What’s up! I’m in NE OH near Akron. Prob gonna take a trip down to WV or Wayne NF area. Looking for some like minded folks to connect with and get on the trails.
Let me know when you are planning on doing this. Im planning at trip to florida, then texas, and working my way to Nevada. I have army buddies in all places. Maybe I can join you before I leave in July/August.

Reactions: JRhea

JRhea

Rank II

Traveler III

Aurora, Portage County, Ohio, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Rhea
Member #

What’s up! I’m in NE OH near Akron. Prob gonna take a trip down to WV or Wayne NF area. Looking for some like minded folks to connect with and get on the trails.
Let me know when you are planning on doing this. Im planning at trip to florida, then texas, and working my way to Nevada. I have army buddies in all places. Maybe I can join you before I leave in July/August.
Will do. I’ve got a couple of marines who might join as well. I’ll keep you updated. My email is Jason@JRIDesignBuild.com

Reactions: OVRLANDnoob

Sockmonkey

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Ohio
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Prehoda
Member #

Will do man! I have an 08 trailblazer, but just getting started. No real mods yet except for tires. Trying to find armor for it now.
Sorry for the delay in response. If I were you I would decide what type of exploring you would like to do with it. Are you gonna venture to fire roads and “unmaintained” gravel roads? Or are you planning something much more adventurous? If you are going with the fire roads route a small lift and tires will get you anywhere you wanna go, remember the forest service departments drive stock super duty’s and the like. Plus armor adds weight and if it’s a daily we all know the gas prices. At the end of the day it is your hard earned cash so spend it how you want. Just remember don’t get caught up in the overland whirlwind and buy things that you don’t need.

totalnobody

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Columbus, Ohio
Member #

Sockmonkey,

I agree with your statement However I would add caution to the Unmaintained road portion
and advise some homework be done prior to heading down unmaintained roads.
As many of these around the country especially east coast are impassable by stock vehicles (not serviced or monitored by any agency).
Just my 2cents

OVRLANDnoob

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Cincinnati, OH, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Childs
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Will do man! I have an 08 trailblazer, but just getting started. No real mods yet except for tires. Trying to find armor for it now.
Sorry for the delay in response. If I were you I would decide what type of exploring you would like to do with it. Are you gonna venture to fire roads and “unmaintained” gravel roads? Or are you planning something much more adventurous? If you are going with the fire roads route a small lift and tires will get you anywhere you wanna go, remember the forest service departments drive stock super duty’s and the like. Plus armor adds weight and if it’s a daily we all know the gas prices. At the end of the day it is your hard earned cash so spend it how you want. Just remember don’t get caught up in the overland whirlwind and buy things that you don’t need.
I’m one to keep things as simple as possible. I’m not going to put things on my truck that I don’t need. I mostly plan on doing forest service roads and unmaintained roads but I still want to protect certain things like my oil pan and gas tank. When I build vehicles I build for function. I do appreciate your input though.

Reactions: Sockmonkey

Pedro 6-1

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

Nashua, New Hampshire, United States
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Vester
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8UXV
Hello Pedro! I'm in Cincinnati. I'd like to meet up with some OB locals as well. There used to be a rigs and donuts event in Sharonville but I haven't seen it posted in awhile. Hope to get something set up soon!
Oh cool! Maybe we can get something set up again and get some people together and meet up.

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
@Caelleai @Dustinb80 @Pedro 6-1 I’m in a group in SW Ohio, but includes those from Indiana & Kentucky & Other areas of Ohio. We run meetups usually every 2 months, but we’ve not had one since May due to Trips & life changes for the main organizers. We’ll likely have one in August if you’re interested. You can check my signature on the site I’ll have the rally point linked there once we schedule it.

Pedro 6-1

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

Nashua, New Hampshire, United States
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Vester
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8UXV
@Caelleai @Dustinb80 @Pedro 6-1 I’m in a group in SW Ohio, but includes those from Indiana & Kentucky & Other areas of Ohio. We run meetups usually every 2 months, but we’ve not had one since May due to Trips & life changes for the main organizers. We’ll likely have one in August if you’re interested. You can check my signature on the site I’ll have the rally point linked there once we schedule it.
Awesome! I’ll definitely look for that link. And I’m going to see if I can get a Rigs-n-coffee type event going somewhere around here to meet more people. And get some trips planned.

Reactions: SJ.Overland

Wanderer351

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

bladensburg,ohio
Member #

This is from the Jeeps and coffee event in Trail quest last weekend. We’re having one the cars and coffee is hosting tomorrow. I should really get more active and post these events up!!!