Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
i agree. id like to set one up here in the rocky mountains. maybe up around ouray, telluride, silverton area. maybe there can be like 10 meetups at the same time and eventually do a yearly national member meetup would be sweet!. get a couple thousand of us there!!
I like the idea of a large meet up. What about overlaying with other well established events such as Overland Expo West/East. Since @Michael call the Event "Overland Bound Expo". Let's make it official, and overlay our event, with theirs. Extend one day for just OB members.

Reactions: SinCityOverland

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey all, FWIW we will be doing more events. There are different kids of events, to name a few:
  1. Casual get togethers organized by our members
  2. Overland Bound Trail Runs similar to what we just did with @jdunk up in the PNW and on the Mojave Road with @fj80toyman which includes some amount of support, but is still pretty casual
  3. Off the Grid events, which are OLB sponsored events with a very specific format. They are expensive for us to produce and require a lot of planning.
We're figuring out how to scale events so there can be many more. We'll get there.

M

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
I am coming from SoCal and will be leaving early to beat the traffic outta here and to enjoy an afternoon in the hills. I can help set up if you need help.

Reactions: Luis Merlo

SAC-CA-Runner

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Dublin, CA
Member #

I'm not sure how this is going to work...but I need to back out. On my way to Zion/Bryce/Moab/Telluride/Ouray/Etc yesterday my engine decided to let go with no warning. Coolant blockage issue...not sure. Currently stranded in Vegas after a 160mi flatbed ride from the middle of Area 51 (at this point kinda wish I was abducted). Trying to decide what to do, but if anyone wants my spot I can transfer it to them. Don't think it'll be fixed by then or I won't feel comfortable taking a long distance quite yet. And I don't gamble so trying to win money for a new engine isn't an option. Why couldn't this happen in Denver? Would rather be stuck there.

805RADO

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Santa Ynez, CA, USA
First Name
Lost
Last Name
Sasquatch
Member #

Hey all, New member but I was wondering where I might find more info on OFT 2017 at the end of this month? Live in Truckee CA and im slowing adding parts to my rig. Is there a secured date and place? is this ticketed? best to all. J

Update: Found the page, looks amazing but the dates messed me up. Spartan Race in Squaw Valley is already booked. Looking forward to the videos!

Last edited:
Reactions: Luis Merlo

[DO]Ron

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Geertruidenberg, the Netherlands
First Name
Ron
Last Name
vAch
Member #

Hey all, New member but I was wondering where I might find more info on OFT 2017 at the end of this month? Live in Truckee CA and im slowing adding parts to my rig. Is there a secured date and place? is this ticketed? best to all. J

Update: Found the page, looks amazing but the dates messed me up. Spartan Race in Squaw Valley is already booked. Looking forward to the videos!
As far as I know the event was sold out in days any way ;)

Sent from my SM-G903F using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: 805RADO

94Cruiser

Rank VI
Launch Member

Explorer I

Suisun City, California
Member #

Looks like SAC-CA-Runner is looking to offload his tickets

OverlandChevy

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

San Francisco, Ca 94110
First Name
Edgar
Last Name
Molina
Member #

Hey everyone, just wanted to cover all my bases. I purchased a driver ticket and have a few passengers on board and I was wondering if anyone has received the pre trip questionnaire after purchasing tickets. Want to make sure I don't miss out based on that.

Thanks

Dana

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV
Member #

Hey everyone, just wanted to cover all my bases. I purchased a driver ticket and have a few passengers on board and I was wondering if anyone has received the pre trip questionnaire after purchasing tickets. Want to make sure I don't miss out based on that.

Thanks
Yes, I received mine not too long after my purchase. Hopefully it didn't go to your spam folder. I doubt it would if you got a conformation of your purchase?

[DO]Ron

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Geertruidenberg, the Netherlands
First Name
Ron
Last Name
vAch
Member #

I didn't receive one ? I did get the confirmation of purchase email.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Send an mail out to michael or corrie they should be able to help you there :). Or just reply to the confirmation mail if that was send from a OB email address as well.

Sent from my SM-G903F using OB Talk mobile app

itsdchz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Clovis, CA
Member #

@Michael - what loop are you reserved at within Edison? We are bringing the trailer up that weekend, and I thought maybe I can switch spots closer to the group!