Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

nice trailer but how about a little more info on the buggy in the back of the shop !!!!
This is at my friends shop and it’s a rock buggy that he’s building. He’s a dirt track racer but building the rock buggy for him and his boys.

S

SubeeBen

Jose thanks for the post. I am currently building a teardrop for the family but have the same trailer sitting. I want to say thank you for the motivation to build a new trailer for just me & mama. What axle did you use & where did you get it from thank you for your motivation & not to copy your build I am going to. Any info would be greatly appreciated & love the kids helping with the build

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Jose thanks for the post. I am currently building a teardrop for the family but have the same trailer sitting. I want to say thank you for the motivation to build a new trailer for just me & mama. What axle did you use & where did you get it from thank you for your motivation & not to copy your build I am going to. Any info would be greatly appreciated & love the kids helping with the build

Hey brother thanks for the kind words!!! Also any questions you have just ask and I’ll try to answer them for you or get you the answer. Lol. As for the axle I bought it from dinoot trailers.com it’s the 3500lb axle with break flange. My trailer is 48” wide and I’m running the 17x9 pro comp steelie wheels with a 4.25 backspacing. So with those numbers and measurements I ended up with a length of 65” hub face to hub face for the axle. Hope this helps and you can copy away all you want brotha!!

S

SubeeBen

Hey brother thanks for the kind words!!! Also any questions you have just ask and I’ll try to answer them for you or get you the answer. Lol. As for the axle I bought it from dinoot trailers.com it’s the 3500lb axle with break flange. My trailer is 48” wide and I’m running the 17x9 pro comp steelie wheels with a 4.25 backspacing. So with those numbers and measurements I ended up with a length of 65” hub face to hub face for the axle. Hope this helps and you can copy away all you want brotha!!
Awesome thanks so much for the info & good luck with your build looking very nice

Reactions: Jose

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Been a while since I posted on here cause of issues I was having with the OB App. But here’s a little update on the trailer with the 3rd door done which is the right side, brush guards the start of the fenders, and finally got my Crag4+ person RTT mounted on the trailer for now until I skin it up in aluminum and build a roof rack for it. I’m hoping to have it all skinned up and ready for the Blueridge Overland Roof top tent rally in late October. Until then I’ll keep posting up updated pics of the progress.

IMG_7803.JPG

IMG_7787.JPG

IMG_8628.JPG

IMG_8629.JPG

IMG_8631.JPG

IMG_9052.JPG

IMG_9051.JPG

IMG_9055.JPG

IMG_9053.JPG

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

Been a while since I posted on here cause of issues I was having with the OB App. But here’s a little update on the trailer with the 3rd door done which is the right side, brush guards the start of the fenders, and finally got my Crag4+ person RTT mounted on the trailer for now until I skin it up in aluminum and build a roof rack for it. I’m hoping to have it all skinned up and ready for the Blueridge Overland Roof top tent rally in late October. Until then I’ll keep posting up updated pics of the progress.

View attachment 67301

View attachment 67302

View attachment 67303

View attachment 67304

View attachment 67305

View attachment 67306

View attachment 67307

View attachment 67308

View attachment 67309
So, the metal framing is slightly lower in the front? I assume you level the RTT for sleeping using the drop leg if that is in fact the case.

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

So, the metal framing is slightly lower in the front? I assume you level the RTT for sleeping using the drop leg if that is in fact the case.

Yeah the trailer jack up front wasn’t leveled all the way up as I just took the trailer out the garage to just open up and season the RTT. The trailer jack still has another 5” to go up to lock in place and with the c-jacks in the rear the trailer is stable and won’t move around. [/QUOTE]

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

Yeah the trailer jack up front wasn’t leveled all the way up as I just took the trailer out the garage to just open up and season the RTT. The trailer jack still has another 5” to go up to lock in place and with the c-jacks in the rear the trailer is stable and won’t move around.
[/QUOTE]
So the framing is square. Thought that might’ve been a design choice (air flow or something like that).

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

So the framing is square. Thought that might’ve been a design choice (air flow or something like that).[/QUOTE]

Lol!!!! Yeah man sorry I just saw what you were talking about the pic with the trailer behind the jeep. Yes it’s all square just looks that way cause of the angle and distance i took the pic cause I was taking the pic with my iPhone. [emoji106][emoji106]

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

I just checked out the Hi Vis tents and didn’t see the one with the double ladder...which model do you have?

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

I just checked out the Hi Vis tents and didn’t see the one with the double ladder...which model do you have?
I have the Crag4+ person tent. He may not have it up on the site yet as he is working on brochures and pics. But hit him up and he will be gladly to help you out with any questions.

Reactions: Overland Omnivore

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

AWESOME BUILD! I’ve been back n forth on building one myself(lacking a welder) 1 question? What size HF trailer did you use?

Keep updating! And be Safe!
Thanks Charles!! I use the 4x8 HF trailer but cut it down to a 4x6 to make it more maneuverable to tight areas while towing it.

Reactions: Charles Scott

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

It’s been a slow build but want to make sure I do it right the first time. Here’s another little up date with the flat fenders, 30 gallon water tank holder, and some welded on brackets where the locking T-handles will be attached to. Next on the list is the roof rack that will be welded up this weekend and the 3/4 plywood floor. More updates coming soon hopefully ready for Expo East!

IMG_0153.JPG

IMG_0154.JPG

IMG_0142.JPG

IMG_0144.JPG

IMG_0146.JPG

IMG_0087.JPG

IMG_0088.JPG

IMG_0090.JPG

IMG_0148.JPG

IMG_0150.JPG

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Awesome. Been looking for a good fender frame visual for mine. Looking great.
Thanks brotha!!!! It has been a slow build but like I mentioned I want to do it right the first time cause I’m always changing my mind when I sit in front of it then get other ideas. Lol

McGrizzly

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Half Moon Bay
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
McGraw
Member #

Thanks brotha!!!! It has been a slow build but like I mentioned I want to do it right the first time cause I’m always changing my mind when I sit in front of it then get other ideas. Lol
so dope keep up the good work. so many options, its never ending. let me know when you get to the power portion haha

Caddis

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kingsburg, CA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Regier
Member #

Nice job! I like what your doing with the frame on the sides for the fenders.

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Here’s what the trailer looked like for the RTT rally we had in Virginia last 2 weekends. It’s still not skinned up but it tracked behind the jeep like a champ and it did its job with storage and sleeping in the RTT. There was like over 245 rigs and RTT’s at The Roof top tent rally it was definitely an awesome time and now looking forward to Overland Expo East next week. The trailer will still be under construction cause I was working last week in Gatlingburg but it’s coming along nicely.

7b306cfc-cfa3-4b0c-9263-81f63dc37c80.jpg
IMG_0499.JPG
IMG_0500.JPG
IMG_7327.JPG
IMG_0518.JPG
IMG_0516.JPGIMG_0534.JPG
IMG_0537.JPG
IMG_7354.JPG
IMG_0481.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: BillO4 and Caddis