Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Well here’s the work in progress with before and after pics for the @overlanding_4_sanity off-road trailer build. I always try to get the boys involved so they get their hands dirty on either working on the jeep or trailer. Want to give a huge shout out to my boy @toddminner for an awesome job on the trailer, for the help on this build. Still got a long way to go till it’s complete, but it looks bad ass so far!! What we did was built the frame on top of the HF trailer to reinforce it more. It’s all done with 1.5x1.5 square tubing also for the frame and doors. There will be another door on the front left side of the trailer and some extra stuff here and there. This build is for an epic 2019 West Coast trip that @mrs.martinezmaribel0420 along with our friends @DungeonWorksGarage @kjmeredith901 and family will be doing. Can’t wait to use it between then and now. #OB1945 #gooutandgetit #lettheoverlandadventuresbegin #memoriesforlife #lettheupgradingbegin #2019Westcoasttrippreparation #friends&family2019westcoasttrip

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Looking good! Nice to see ya on here as well : )
Thanks brother!! I’m getting ready to skin it up with6061 .025 diamond plate for the side walls and 6061 .63 for the floor inside. Should is be strong enough and still be light weight.

Last edited:

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

here is my trailer that I built with a good friend. I like where your going with yours keep up the good work your boys will love it

Sent from my SM-G900T using OB Talk mobile app
Thanks brother!!! Can’t wait to keep working on it and getting it closer to our finished vision. [emoji106][emoji106]

Reactions: ob4838

Advocate II

San Diego, CA, USA
Member #

Thanks brother!! I’m getting ready to skin it up with6061 .025 diamond plate for the side walls and 6061 .63 for the floor inside. Shiloh is be strong enough and still be light weight.

Sweet! That's going to to be great.

I made our trailer when my oldest was just born...now I have three kids under 5 and they all love it! It's been such a blast.

Look forward to the progress. Cheers!

Reactions: Jose

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Sweet! That's going to to be great.

I made our trailer when my oldest was just born...now I have three kids under 5 and they all love it! It's been such a blast.

Look forward to the progress. Cheers!
Thanks for the heads up in the weight!! I’m definitely taking into consideration what is really needed for a family of four. My main thing right now is the water tank where and how I’m going to install it to keep the LCG still and weight down. Looking between 25-30 gallon. Did you install a water tank in your trailer? And by the way your trailer looks sick almost reminds of a huge treasure chest and I bet it has a lot of goodies in it. Lol. [emoji106][emoji109][emoji123][emoji95]

Advocate II

San Diego, CA, USA
Member #

Thanks for the heads up in the weight!! I’m definitely taking into consideration what is really needed for a family of four. My main thing right now is the water tank where and how I’m going to install it to keep the LCG still and weight down. Looking between 25-30 gallon. Did you install a water tank in your trailer? And by the way your trailer looks sick almost reminds of a huge treasure chest and I bet it has a lot of goodies in it. Lol. [emoji106][emoji109][emoji123][emoji95]

You bet!

We do have a water tank, and it works great, however it was a somewhat of an after thought. We used a front runner side tank mounted to the drivers side of the trailer box. You can maybe just see it to the left of the fridge in the attached pic. It takes up no valuable room and is easy to fill from the opened lid ... were we we to build one again, we'd place it underneath the floor centered right above the axle.

Yes, my kids think it's a rolling treasure box! I kind of can't disagree [emoji41]

www.rhinoadventuregear.com

Last edited:

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

You bet!

We do have a water tank, and it works great, however it was a somewhat of an after thought. We used a front runner side tank mounted to the drivers side of the trailer box. You can maybe just see it to the left of the fridge in the attached pic. It takes up no valuable room and is easy to fill from the opened lid ... were we we to build one again, we'd place it underneath the floor centered right above the axle.

Yes, my kids think it's a rolling treasure box! I kind of can't disagree [emoji41]

www.rhinoadventuregear.com
That’s my plan as well! Installing it between the axle and floor maybe a couple of inches ahead of the axle to consider for bottoming out etc etc if you know what I mean.

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Here’s a little update and some before and after pics of the off-road trailer transformation. I’m really fucking stoaked on how this trailer is coming together . I went with the dinoot smooth riding leaf spring kit, dinoot 65” hub face to hub face 5 on 5 3500lb axle, and 35” BFGKO2s. There’s enough clearance between the tail gate and where the front storage box will be. It was a little mission trying to set up the axle myself and getting the right side by side clearance but I got it to wes I still need to tweak a little from side to side to get the right clearance between tires and trailer wall. I was thinking of going over axle but @DungeonWorksGarage gave me a heads up on going under axle to get more clearance out of it and he was right. Now that I have the trailer back in roller status and is the perfect height for @mrs.martinezmaribel0420 it’s back to the drawing board to see where she wants me to add the slide out kitchen either in the front door opening or the rear door opening. Also will be getting some measurements to get the right height for either brackets or a welded frame rail to mount the RTT on top of the trailer to clear my 6’2” height so I don’t knock my ass out when walking under the RTT. #OB1945 #overlanding4sanitytrailerbuild #traileron35s #hi.vis.overlandCrag4+RTT #familytrailerbuild #adventuresisnecessary #gooutandexplore #overlandbound #familycampingtrips

Reactions: SubeeBen

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Awesome looking build hats off to you brother
Thank you brother!!! Little by little it’s coming along trying to get it skinned up by next month cause I’m picking up my RTT in May to take it out in its firts maiden voyage. Lol