Off Grid Trailers - Expedition and Pando 2.0 The Ultimate Rugged Overland Off-Road Off Grid teardrop Trailer to Escape

• HTML tutorial

Wadz

Rank 0

Traveler I

I've been researching for the ultimate rugged overland off road tear drop style and or a 4x4 trailer that has superior build quality, excellent departure angles will survive a beating in the field and I believe I have arrived. They are made in Canada and are called Off Grid Trailers. I've look at a lot of trailers and the build quality and designs of these trailers really stand out from the other trailers. Let me know what you guys think or if you have any recommendations in the USA or Canada. I've seen some amazing trailers in Australia but they are not available in USA or Canada yet.

TomInOregon

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Oregon
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Moss
Service Branch
USMC
You may also want to look into Mission Overland trailers. The previous owner of Off-grid owns Mission Overland trailers. I looked into both of these makes and also the Teton-X. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to see any of them in person.

Reactions: Scrambler84

Dagwood_55

Rank 0

Contributor I

Ozarks of Arkansas
First Name
Vic
Last Name
Hicks
I’m thinking about an OG trailer myself. But I’ve not seen one in person so it’s a little hard to spend $30,000 and I’ve never seen one. So we’ve found one to rent for a few days in Co in Sept to see how we like it.

They are the best looking out there if they have the features you want. Just can’t do the RTT thing myself. Also can’t decide if I would buy the Pandp or the Explorer.....

Anyone on here that owns a OG want to chime in?

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

Built in my home town, Edmonton, AB. One of the best trailers ever. The detail is incredible !!

Reactions: Graeman

Todd & Meg

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

I saw the Off Grid a few years ago at Expo. Looked like a well built camper but I didn't like the sterile look. I get enough of that at work. I like some wood. I can see if you live in a wet place not have wood. The other thing was the axle position. When I built my teardrop I spent a lot of time trying to place the axle to cut down on tongue weight. I bet this has a fair amount of weight on the tow vehicle. He even said a full water tank takes 40 pounds off the tongue. But you are adding around 250 pounds of water to do it. And as you use water that weight come back.

We have really enjoyed moving from a ground tent to the teardrop. We have used it about 14 nights so far, and have another 15 nights planned in the next few month.

Todd

Reactions: Graeman

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

Last edited:

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Is off grid still in business? I sent an email last week and have not heard back. Wondering if they are slow to respond or no longer around.
They are very much still in business. Can't speak to response times though. Campers & Gear in CO represents them as well as a few other dealers in the states.

Reactions: Billiebob

Dagwood_55

Rank 0

Contributor I

Ozarks of Arkansas
First Name
Vic
Last Name
Hicks
They are in biz and currently 3 months out. I did'nt have much luck in contacting Off Grid myself. Called and called, left messages, no responce.

I had more luck and got info from Ken @ 10X Campers and Gear in Co. I believe there is a Overland Expo or meet in Gunnison, Co going on now, Aug 1-4th.
Ken has a new Pando there and it will be for sale after the meet I understand.

jeepers29

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Georgetown, TX, USA
Member #

They are in biz and currently 3 months out. I did'nt have much luck in contacting Off Grid myself. Called and called, left messages, no responce.

I had more luck and got info from Ken @ 10X Campers and Gear in Co. I believe there is a Overland Expo or meet in Gunnison, Co going on now, Aug 1-4th.
Ken has a new Pando there and it will be for sale after the meet I understand.
Wonder if this is how they handle their warranty requests as well? Looks like an awesome trailer, but at that price point, customer care should be part of the sale.

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
I’m thinking about an OG trailer myself. But I’ve not seen one in person so it’s a little hard to spend $30,000 and I’ve never seen one. So we’ve found one to rent for a few days in Co in Sept to see how we like it.

They are the best looking out there if they have the features you want. Just can’t do the RTT thing myself. Also can’t decide if I would buy the Pandp or the Explorer.....

Anyone on here that owns a OG want to chime in?
I don't own one. I have looked at them several times. The Pando is too heavy for my taste and I like the departure angle of the Expedition better. Both are great trailers though. It really depends on what you want.

Kitchens:
The Pando's kitchen it nice. If you love to cook then I think you would like the larger prep area. The storage areas are well organized. I have no need for the traditional rear front door fridge and would prefer that to be storage. Heck even a trash can!

I like the side kitchen on the Expedition. The drop down feature is nice. I would prefer a larger cooktop but that is not a deal breaker. It just means I would use my grill more. The rear is just open shelving. The plus to that is you can pick how you want to configure it.

I would have an awning on both sides of the trailer. One with a room and possibly one just with a bug room. The 270 degree awnings are great. I will be adding one to my truck but having a room with 4 walls for changing and a bathroom if need be is nice.

The sleeping areas are the same. Simple with ample storage.

If I buy one it will be the Expedition 2.0. They are both VERY well built. No sloppy build quality that plagues the RV market. I would also add the heater.

The quality is equivalent to Turtleback Trailers. Which I have also owned. Neither are cheap but the build quality as compared to many other brands is apparent.

Hopefully someone lives near, owns one, and can give you a demo.

Good luck with your decision. There is no perfect trailer. I truly believe these are the most rugged teardrops out there.

Reactions: EricnSD

David Jonson

Rank 0

Contributor I

Alberta, Canada
Member #

Speaking from personal experience with the Pando 2.0 they are an amazing trailer. It traveled with us up the Dempster Highway this summer and we couldn’t be happier. Build quality is exceptional, working with Off Grid was easy, they definitely care about there clients. Having the 23Zero tent on top and queen bed inside made it so much nicer than just the tent like you’d get with Turtleback. Plus the 6500 BTU furnace in the Arctic sure made it feel more like a home away from home. If your thinking about one of these give Duane a call or go down and see one in person.

Reactions: 1Louder

Lead Dog

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lake Havasu City, Arizona, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Clary
Member #

Hello Guy's, So very sorry for your lack of responses from the factory at OGT! We are in the middle of ramping up Production in the last few months ( from 8-18 pm ) and are going through some Personal Upgrades! We are striving to be the Best Built Teardrop in the market and will succeed in accomplishing it in every aspect! We are currently having chassis Military tested for strength and durability, basically bomb proofing our foundation! Our Boxes are Laser Cut to mill spec and powder coated inside and out for durability and longevity! Please feal free to contact Myself (Randy @ Lead Dog Motorsports 928.208.2006) or (Ken @ Campers n Gear) for Instock units and custom orders! We are here to help you #getoutside!

thumbnail (9).jpgSo very sorry for your I'l

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
I just placed an order for one through Ken at Campers and Gear. Hoping for a cold White Rim trip where I can test the heater!

This will be my fifth and hopefully last trailer. Didn’t I say that about my fourth one? I also own an M100 military trailer. It's my garage project trailer and will be used for other adventures. No tent, it will just be a cargo hauler.

Most rugged teardrop built period. There are a few others which are nice and EVERYTHING is dependent on what you can afford/are willing to spend and how you want to use your vehicle and trailer.

If you want a non teardrop then look at Turtleback trailers. I worked for them part-time a few years back and owned one. They are the best in that form factor. I saw one just listed for sale today here. Dave at Turtleback used to say “purpose built.” I believe the same can be said for OffGrid. Neither are cheap but the build quality and attention to detail shows. I personally love sleeping indoors now but everyone is different.

A lot of research went into deciding to get my OffGrid. I will be the first to still say there is no perfect trailer. For what I want to do it is as close as they come. I really wouldn’t change anything other than I think it would be nice to have recovery points on the back bumper and I would like to figure out how to bolt on an XO Jack. I’m getting an Expedition 2.0 but the Pando is a great option too.

Lead Dog

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lake Havasu City, Arizona, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Clary
Member #

I just placed an order for one through Ken at Campers and Gear. Hoping for a cold White Rim trip where I can test the heater!

This will be my fifth and hopefully last trailer. Didn’t I say that about my fourth one? I also own an M100 military trailer. It's my garage project trailer and will be used for other adventures. No tent, it will just be a cargo hauler.

Most rugged teardrop built period. There are a few others which are nice and EVERYTHING is dependent on what you can afford/are willing to spend and how you want to use your vehicle and trailer.

If you want a non teardrop then look at Turtleback trailers. I worked for them part-time a few years back and owned one. They are the best in that form factor. I saw one just listed for sale today here. Dave at Turtleback used to say “purpose built.” I believe the same can be said for OffGrid. Neither are cheap but the build quality and attention to detail shows. I personally love sleeping indoors now but everyone is different.

A lot of research went into deciding to get my OffGrid. I will be the first to still say there is no perfect trailer. For what I want to do it is as close as they come. I really wouldn’t change anything other than I think it would be nice to have recovery points on the back bumper and I would like to figure out how to bolt on an XO Jack. I’m getting an Expedition 2.0 but the Pando is a great option too.

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
We are always looking for ways to improve our trailers and the added recovery points are on the list already! Thanks for the Order! Where are you located in Az?
SE Phoenix area